Chapter 4

Y/N was really excited to meet up with Jane. Although he had said she didn't need to change into any other clothing, he picked other clothes to put on. They weren't occasional but were way better looking and more suitable to the upcoming trip of theirs.

Y/N went upstairs but before exiting the house he knew he had to pass the information about him leaving to his parents. He approached the couch where he could see his parents resting, but not one head on the other's chest, but they were laying separately, no even a millimeter of their body touching. The TV was still on even though there was no one there to watch it due to the fact his father had fallen deeply and his mother had no interest in watching people passing a ball with their feet to another players to kick it into a net while trying to prevent the other team from doing so. His mother wasn't fully aware of his presence but she wasn't sleeping, she was scrolling through her phone.

"Hey, mum." He made her flinch a little.

"What do you want?" she asked, annoyed.

"I've got a plan on going with my..." he stopped himself in the middle of the sentence, unsure of how to word his relationship with Jane, "...friend to The Rink-O-Mania."

"Now?"

"Yes, now. I'm supposed to meet her at her house in few minutes."

"Her?" His mother asked, raising an aibrow with a curious look.

"Yes, it's a girl, she's new here."

"Just hope she won't leave as soon as your friends did. Pray you'll keep the relationship with her."

That really raised my confidence. He thought to himself, sarcastically.

"So can I go?"

"Yes, just come back before ten and you're fine," she swung her hand purely to the door.

He finally left the house and headed towards the Byers' house.

***

He was right in front of the door and knocked three times. The door was opened quickly by an older male with a longer hair. He looked more alike Will than Jane. He seemed sick.

"Is Jane here?"

"What?" the man asked, confused but then gave him a reply afterwards. "Oh, yeah she's here. Yeah, El!" He yelled, turning backwards towards a staircase. El?

Jane rushed down the stairs with a smile. Her hair was tied into a down ponytail. She had not changed her outfit. She was wearing exactly the same as at school expect for her shirt.

"Hi," said Y/N. "Are you prepared or do you need more time or..." He got cut off by Jane herself.

"It's alright, we can go."

"Is Will coming too?" asked Y/N. He was secretly hoping he wasn't going. He had a feeling Will didn't really have him at his friend-list.

"He's decided not to, he said he isn't feeling the best."

"Hey, El, before you go take some money," her mother yelled from the kitchen, expecting her to be upstairs. She stared around and realised she was right there in the doorway. "Oh, ehm, I didn't notice- doesn't matter, here you go," Jane's mother handed her money from her pocket of jeans. Then she turned to Y/N and directed a question to him. "So you're Y/N?"

"Yes, it's nice to meet Jane's parents," Y/N said politely, putting his hand into front. She shook it and smiled.

"I'm Joyce Byers, it's nice to meet you too. I love to see E- Jane befriending people so quickly." Y/N smiled too, not knowing how to respond.