6 <3

After maddys mother died her father was more distant with her. She never knew why. the only reason she could think of was that maybe that was his way of grieving. But maddy was grieving, she needed her father and he wasnt there

After the incident she didnt see anyone she knew for over a year. Until she was released for the hospital and taken home by laurel.

The only thing her father did do was pay for the surgeries

If she was honest maddy was furious at everyone. They never checked on her so when laurel picked her up from the hospital she told her to drop her off and go straight home. That was the only thing said the whole drive home from the hospital and she didnt speak to laurel until she asked her to come up to cousins for the summer.

Her friends caitlin, josh and patrick never tried to reach out. Only paige. Which she ignored because she was still furious with her no matter how long they had been best friends for.

Which she had a right to be. Nobody showed up.

And then july the 4th came around.

It was tradition that all the dads came up to cousins for july the 4th. This year was different. The fishers dad wasnt coming because he was busy with work or something which upset jere but conrad was alright with it. And the conklins dad was bringing his new girlfriend.

The day was going great. It was sunny and warm, the conklins dad did come with his girlfriend which was a bit awkward but she was nice to everyone and she congratulated belly on being a debutant which she appreciated.

The fishers dad made a surprise visit to cousins. Jere was over the moon as he was so excited to show him his firework display. But conrad wasnt exactly to pleased. He felt like his dad only ever wanted to talk to him about football and when he quit their relationship wasnt at its best anymore. Because mr fisher wanted his son to be a star quarterback and if he wasnt going to be anymore they had nothing in common.

But of course the day had to take a turn...