9 <3

Maddy had fell asleep and woken up later on in the day starving so she went down to the kitchen for some food

When she went down nobody was there. She figured belly, laurel and susannah had went shopping for the debutante ball and that jere, steven and conrad were at work.

As she was eating lunch the door rang so she went to see who it was not knowing if susannah was expecting anyone

But as she opened the door she realised it was dave

Trying to close it immediately he put his foot in the way so she couldnt and pushed it back open "maddy listen i only came to talk and explain myself"

"Look I really dont want to hear it, i dont want to know why your 'sorry' i dont want to know anything anymore okay i heard everything i needed to know from your girlfriend"

"I know okay its not how i wanted to tell you, do you really think that thats how i wanted it all to come out? Kiara jumped the gun i wanted to explain myself so i could tell you the whole story and not just parts of it"

" i dont care" she paused slightly not knowing what to say "i dont want to know, i dont want to hear it because its breaking me apart to know that while i was in pain you were raising another child."

At this point susannah, laurel, belly, stever, jere and conrad all arrived home rushing from the car to get dave away from maddy

"You caused my heart to bleed and you still owe me a reason cause i cant figure out why, why i was alone and dying and you were in a bed with her? And i was left alone to cry? From where im standing dave im on my own and its so quiet here. our house no longer feels like a home."

Conrad pulling maddy away from dave while jere tells dave to get in his car and leave

"I Cant really love you anymore, mums death changed you. And dont worry you dont have to hold me anymore because ive proved to myself and everyone else that i can do this on my own. So you can take whatever it is that you have to say and you can leave."

Maddy walked back to the kitchen to continue eating her food followed by belly who told everyone to stay while she spoke to her friend

"Maddy? You okay?"

"Yeah fine you?"

"Yeah im good i just went shopping for new clothes for the ball susannah was practically forcing me to try on everything in the store" she laughs

"Im sure whatever you bought your gonna look amaizing, youll have to do a fashion show for me like we used to"

"Yeah we can do it once youve finished eating ill just go get the stuff out the car"

"Okay yeah" she went back to staring at her plate pushing the food around with her fork

"Maddy?"

"Yeah"

"You sure your okay? You can tell me you know i miss having deep convosations with you and i think itd be good for you"

"Yeah everyone thinks they know whats best for me nowadays" letting out a small chuckle knowing that nobody actually knew what she needed "im really excited to see what youve bought though"

"Oh yeah ill go get them now"

Belly left in a hurry to get the clothes she had bought and maddy discarded her food in the trash putting her plate in the sink and resting her hands on the edge of it hanging her head down thinking about everything, and what dave could have possibly told her to make this any better. But she couldnt think of anything because she knew that he was in the wrong there was nothing he could have said to make him seem like the night and shining armour

When in her head he was the villain.

She gathered her thoughts pushed some of her hair back behind her hair took a deep breathe when she heard belly come back through the door rushing upstairs.

She calmed her nerves and walked to the stairs looking out the window to see dave take off in his car gaining this sense of relief to know he was gone even though she didnt know how long it was gonna be this time.

Everyone came back through the door stopping when they saw maddy watching her dad drive away gaining speed wondering if he really was in a hurry to get away again.

When he was out of sight she snapped back to reality hearing jere asking if she was listening "sorry what?"

"I said are you okay?"

"Yeah fine" she made eye contact with conrad for a few seconds and then turned to walk up the stairs knowing full well she had just let him know that she wasnt and that in fact she was anything but okay

Not looking back she said "bels is gonna show me what she bought so i gotta go"

Susannah pitched in saying "okay well im making dinner so it should be ready in a few hours"

"Okay."