7 <3

Everyone was hanging around the pool, snacking and drinking some sort or concoction that belly, conrad and jere had made. All maddy could tell was that it had a shit tom of vodka in it.

The bell rang and laurel rushed to answer.

When she came back she was followed closely by dave and a random girl?

Dave was maddys father. And just to recap it had been nearly 2 years since shed last seen him.

"Come give your father a hug maddy"

The world went silent again. When she heard that voice she froze. Was it really him? Did he actually have the audacity to show up now? And mostly what the fuck did he want.

"W- what are you doing here?"

"Its july the 4th id never miss it"

"You sure? Because you sure have missed a lot dave" maddy didnt see that man as her father anymore. He was just dave to her

"Dont be so dramatic, its been a while yes but-" a phone call interrupted him and good job because he would soon regret saying something so stupid to her right now

"Take it go on answer thats all you ever used to do so no doubt you havent changed"

"Ill be back give me one second" a sly snicker left maddys mouth as he said that because he was ridiculous. She got up to leave when the random girl that had came in with her dad stopped her

"Hi maddy ive heard a lot about you im so pleased to finally meet you"

"Im not sure how much you couldve heard about me since that man doesnt have a fucking clue who i am"

"Oh erm well anyways im keira your father and i have been dating for about a year now and-"

"What? Dating? Are you kidding me"

" yeah we wernt going to tell anyone until after i graduated but we decided on the drive over here to let you know how hes been helping me raise my son while ive been in school"

A fury over took maddy. She couldnt believe the words she had just heard that came out that bitches mouth " graduate? How fucking old are you?"

"Im 19 and my son is 4 his name is charlie your father and i cant wait for you to meet him"

She paused. 19? Thats how old she was and her father was dating her? And helping to raise her son?!

Maddy walked past the woman on her way to her room. She needed to get away from this. She couldnt bare to be around everyone staring at her wondering how she was going to react to this

As she was walking into the house dave stopped to talk to her

"19?! Are you fucking kidding me dave. Shes 19 for fuck sake"

"Maddy calm dow-"

"Dont you fucking dare tell me to calm down. I havent seen you in almost 2 years, you never reached out, you never came to see me. What? Because you were looking after some 19 year olds child?"

She was furious. Never in her life had she felt like this

"I nearly died! Do you get that? My mother was murdered and i nearly died! And instead of coming to the hospital to look after your own daughter you were starting a new family?! Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Look i can explain this maddy i really can i promise just give me a chance"

" no! Dave no you had 2 years worth of chances but you never took them. You never took the time to explain yourself and you think that just because its the 4th of july you can show up and expect me to just forgive you? Thats not how this works! You dont get to just show up and expect me to just forget about how i had to have game nights with our driver and my bodyguard! How i would fall asleep downstairs waiting for you to come home so that i could talk to you about how much i missed my mam, but you never came home so i had to be taken to bed, a job that you! shouldve done but you didnt because you. Wernt. There!"

Tears streaming down her face as she finally got the chance to tell her father about all the times he fucked up

"But you know what really tops it off? Is the fact that i nearly died and the most you did was pay my hospital bills. You didnt check on me, you didnt take me home from the hospital, you didnt care. Not once in that entire 2 years did you give a shit about me."

"I did, of course i did! your my daughter i wouldnt wish what you went through on my worst enemy maddy i swear"

"How are you going to say that as if i didnt just find out 5 minutes ago that youve started a new life while i was in hospital! Do not try and act like you gave a fuck because you didnt, your a shit father dave accept it."

And with that she walked away not daring to look back because she knew she had just told everyone how she felt. She was vulnerable and that is what she hated the most