Chapter 43: Beast Sanctuary Mountain

With Huang Beast physique, a punch from Tommy could shatter rocks easily. On the ledge where he was flattening himself on for dear life, he started pounding the hard sedimentary rock repeatedly with his fists.

After a while, he created a small hole in the body of the mountain, deep enough for him to sit comfortably.

He heaved his still wounded body deeper and with great effort, he managed to move his frozen limbs into position.

With his back against a wall, and his sides partially sheltered by the slopes, he is almost firmly seated.

It took almost all his remaining stamina to create this small dent in the rocks, and upon it Tommy quickly entered a cultivation trance, knowing that his lack of energy has to be filled up first and his body also needs some time to heal. Even the high-grade recovery pills will take a moment to show its effects.

Although he greedily devoured the ambient energies, he had no intention to increase his cultivation at the moment.

Before ranking up, the foundation he establishes is vital. As Kairos advised, the height he wishes to scale will depend on how much effort he puts in right now.

Besides, to successfully cultivate the Dharma Constitution, at the minimum he needs to reach Beast Rank Heaven Grade, but the higher his Physical Rank is, the more chance to do so.

After an hour of struggling against the cold wind, Tommy started moving again to make his way down the slopes. He knows that without Ki to shield himself, the longer he stays, the more susceptible he is to the cold.

"Ah, maybe I should have asked Snow for some extra clothes...?" the boy slapped his forehead as he realised belatedly.

After a tremendous struggle, by the time he reached the bottom, it is already noontime the next day. All this while, Snow had not left the foot of the mountain to await his return. The girl had steeled her heart to accompany him till the end, as long as he needs her.

Once he touched the ground, Tommy immediately crashed face flat exhausted, but there was a wide grin on his face, "Snow... I succeeded."

"You returned safely, and you didn't even use the drake's blood," she said her voice with unhidden relief and admiration.

There was a charming determination in him that she could not deny. With this kind of spirit, no matter what he chose to do, it is impossible not to succeed.

"Ah... I'm sorry, I used the drake's blood after all," Tommy replied in between breaths.

"B... but I don't see it stained over your robes... Wait, don't tell me you drank it?"

"Uh... I did. I almost died, haha!"

"Ha ha? You big idiot! How could you drink it when you don't have any cultivation to suppress the magical beast's blood? You could have died, in fact, why are you not dead?"

"I... I don't know?

Is it that dangerous? I just didn't want to waste such an expensive thing."

"You dummy. Come on, stop lying on the ground, I need to check if you're really okay," Snow said, both exasperated and worried at the same time. Just how poor was he before to risk his life just not to waste a potion?!

She grabbed his arm and tried to pull him to his feet, but instead, she was the one that almost fell over, "H... huh? Wha..."

"Oh, I forgot, I'm wearing weight cuffs," Tommy said with a silly smile on his face.

With a face full of disbelief, Snow folded his sleeves and spotted the metal cuffs underneath. She could tell at a glance that it is made of Heavy Mountain Iron, and immediately her face paled.