Chapter 99: Aftermath (Part 4)

In such a short time during and using only a few small details, Kairos could discover such a tremendous scheme underneath. Everyone in the room felt his frightening intellect. They were in the same meeting and heard the same things, but did not notice the traitor in their midst until Kairos risked himself to reveal the enemy.

Now that the secret identity of the Right Minister had been found out, there is no longer a need to be polite anymore.

Lord Yue immediately gave Minister You a bone-chilling smile and said in an unnaturally quiet voice, "Tell us everything, and you can die."

The way he spoke about death was how people discuss insignificant things, and it caused Minister You to shudder with an unnatural chill. The duke was born with a permanent glare in his eyes, giving him a fearsome visage since young. Even when he makes a soft expression, it would only turn into something like an unseemly look of joy at another's suffering.

One can imagine the terror that the Right Prime Minister is in right now despite dealing with the smartest and the most vicious state ministers for years.

With such a face, no matter what the duke's thoughts are, others easily misunderstood him as a villain, and it affected his behaviour becoming a vicious cycle. When he treated others nicely, he would be met with suspicions, but when he was nasty, others feared and respected him.

After centuries of being misunderstood, Lord Yue had largely given up.

With only a glare, the Right Minister started trembling, but Kairos held out a hand and stopped Lord Yue, "Hold on. I have a proposition."

The Duke nodded at the boy as the Right Minister looked at him as if he was a saviour. The Left Minister remained quiet. By now everyone on this table already recognised Kairos' abilities despite his youth. They know that prodigies cannot be scaled in the same way as others and were willing to listen.

Kairos said with an emotionless voice, as though conversing with a stranger, "You have two futures, the first is death, but for what you had done, the Duke will not let it be an easy one. Rest assured, it will be extremely... interesting."

The two ministers paled at his words while Lord Yue's grin turned wider. Hearing a thirteen year old boy saying these words are unnerving.

Kairos did not pause for long, and continued, "Your second choice, which for the sake of entertainment that I hope you wouldn't pick, is to use this and become our men. Think of it as servitude, if you will."

He slammed a Jade Slip before the man, but it was his words – not his action – that caused shivers down everyone's spines.

It was as though the Prime Minster held no importance to their plans, and any schemes and quick talks that was forming in his mind, crumbled instantly.

Taking one look at the Duke's almost enthusiastic expression, the Right Minister dared not to even breathe heavily.

Lord Yue immediately gave a sigh of relief. He had not wanted to see the bloody mess of torture, especially since he is slightly mysophobic. Unfortunately, everyone thought it was a look of great disappointment.

The Right Minister immediately trembled, in his heart he was giving thanks to the myriad gods that Kairos gave him a second option.

He was quickly made to recite a set of conditions made with extreme meticulousness and sealed his fate as a double-agent with the Jade Slip.

"What is your role in all this?" Kairos asked immediately after the Soul Jade returned to his hands.

"Master Kairos, I am to secure control over the courts."