10. Home

Tara's point of view

When we arrived at the capital, i immediately looked for an alchemist, good thing that the healer, named Aida know someone that can help.

We checked in an inn, and the alchemist checked my daughter's situation.

"Your daughter is lucky, the bear's poison is a fatal substance, especially to a child. All i can say is that, your daughter is a fighter. The wound would surely scar, but she's safe now, we just have to wait for her to wake up." The alchemist said as he tidied up his stuffs preparing to leave.

"Thank you so much," i said still looking at my sleeping daughter.

The alchemist nodded his head and head out of the room.

She was sleeping for three days now, and the thought of her not waking up, kills me. I don't know how i would live my life without her.

I was once again looking at her and holding her hand. I have been talking to her every day, hoping that she will hear me and wake up.

"You need to wake up now, mother is waiting for you here. We'll go on adventures and be happy, you'll still meet your mother right? You said that you wanted to learn, i'll let you learn everything you want, just wake up." I talked to her, putting her small warm palm on my cheek.

I miss seeing her lovely silver eyes, i want to see her smile. I'd accept all her teasing, all her complaints, i'd accept them all, if the exchange is to see her awake and healthy.

We are still nowhere near safe, so i need to make sure that we are safe here and that i can give her the things she needed, so she can live here comfortably, although i know we are hiding.

One day when i was busy looking for a place to buy where we can stay. I got back to the inn, hoping to see her awake, but not expecting.

My daughter is a strong child, but she's still a child after all. I can't heal her myself, all i can do for her is to give the things she needed, to recover.

What i didn't expect is to see her walking out of the inn, she's standing there, looking alive and healthy.

I couldn't stop myself and ran towards her, and hugged her tight. Right now, all of my worries are washed away as if a ray of sunlight peeked from the dark clouds.
______________________

Silver's point of view

I was looking at myself in front of the mirror, i once again turned my back towards it, seeing the claw marks leaving this nasty scar.

Mother looked guilty when she saw the scars, she's blaming herself because of it. But i told her that this scar is a battle scar, a battle that we both won and should be proud of.

After i recovered completely from my injury, mother and i went on our way to the real estate agency to look for a house to live in, we can't live inside a forest like before because the capital is like a city in my past life where everywhere is building, even if there are trees, it would be rare, and most are inside the noble district.

Mother and i checked out of the inn. Today is the day we will move to our new home. It's a nice three bedroom house, with a decent sized kitchen and bathroom. But what we both love about the house is the wide backyard and front yard it has.

The agent said that the former owner of this house is a knight, so it's a given that a training ground is present.

"Mother, do you think we should put a garden in the front of this house?" I asked mother we are laying on the grass at the backyard of this house.

I don't even know how mother managed to buy a property, aside from helping with other townspeople from where we lived before, i never saw her work to earn enough money.