28. Hero

Princess Sapphire's point of view

When i was seven years old, i was almost a victim of kidnapping. That day would have been one of the worst day of my life, but it turned out to be the opposite.

That day, a person came to my rescue. I thought that the encounter would only affect me for one day, but i thought wrong. I don't know what's happening to me, i asked emperor father and empress mother about their opinion, but they only laughed at me, saying that i'm still too young for it.

Everytime i go out on an outing, i always look around trying to find someone with the certain silver eyes. I asked everyone i know if silver eyes are common in this empire, but they said no.

I have my maids go look for children with silver eyes in the empire, they said that there are only four they can find, one is an eight year old daughter of a carpenter, the other three are the child of the Cross duchy. I asked them if anyone in those four knows how to fight well. They told me that if i was looking for someone with silver eyes that knows how to fight, it's probably the oldest duchal son. The Cross duchy is a family that trains their younger generation how to fight, and their young master is quite proficient in sword, while the other two are too young and weak to fight, so i believed them.

I asked for an audience with the duchal son and so he came. I don't feel any connection with him, unlike the child from before, but they have the same eyes, so i think i'm right. He's quite a rude person, but i think being rude is something anyone will have if he has the power like he have. He's also a son of a prominent, aristocratic family, a little attitude is alright, said by my teacher.

But when we go out to go to the art alley one day, i think i saw a pair of eyes looking my way, but i let it go, because sir Howard is with me. I don't want him to think that i'm a rude girl, i don't want him to dislike me. But that person felt familiar for some reason.

For two years, i always go wherever sit Howard goes, i want him to care for me like he did when he saved me. I want him to talk to me with his sweet voice again, i did what i can to get his attention, but he still won't budge, he still ignores me. But i am not a quitter, i will get his attention no matter what.

When i thought of it, i visited him in their estate, but as usual, he's not giving his attention to me. I got annoyed so i told him about the dagger, and showed it to him.

"You see this dagger? Aren't you the who gave this to me?" I said as i gave him the dagger.

He took the dagger and examined it, he furrowed his brows and threw the dagger away. My eyes widened because of what he did, i take good care of that dagger because it's very important for me, but he only tossed it aside like that.

"I don't own a trash like that!" He said as he stood up from his seat.

I held his sleeve making him look down at me.

"Didn't you save me in the forest that time? You gave me that dagger too, did you forget?" I said, i can feel my eyes watering.

How can he forget about it? I can't even forget about him for a day, and he can forget about me just like that?

I wanted to cry my eyes out that time, i thought that if i cry in front of him, he will console me and hug me again. I thought that if he knows that i'm aware that it's him, he will eventually tell me that he's just acting so i'll forget about him.

"I didn't save you, why would i even go to a forest? And as i've said Your Highness, i don't own a garbage like that dagger." His voice are starting to become loud, but because he knows the consequences of offending a princess, he's preventing himself from shouting at me.