34. Fabian

Silver's point of view

Deos, imperial year 16

A year since i became a noble, and life is a little mundane compared to being a commoner, but what can i do, i chose this too.

It was a sunny afternoon when i decided to sneak out to the capital. It's been a long time since i've come out of the Estate, so being outside is a little exciting.

The first time i sneaked out of the estate, i immediately went and looked for Lori and the others. The other kids are fine and still rowdy, they even said that there's no one that treats them to snacks anymore, so they missed me. But Lori on the other hand, is not there anymore, all the neighbors know is that they moved out of the capital because of family issues, nobody knows where they are now. It was sad and disappointing, i didn't even get to say goodbye to her, she's my first friend, even if i count my last life. But, it is what it is, we'll meet again, i believe, as long as we are under the same sky, we'll reunite again.

There are lots of people decorating the whole place. I remember that this is also the time when i met Sapphire, it's probably for her birthday again. She invited me to her celebration, so i'm out here to also look for a gift.

I don't have any clue what to give her as a birthday present, it's a little hard to gift a princess because she already has everything she can get in this empire. Getting her something she's never seen is pretty easy, i'm from another world so i know a lot, but what thing to give is what's difficult.

"What about a toy?" I asked to myself while looking from the outside of a toy store. "She wouldn't like it though, she already have lots of toys." I mumbled to myself and decided to walk away.

I was walking towards a dress shop when i saw something from the corner of my eyes. A hooded figure i'm very much familiar with. They're the one who's always visiting Mother Tara in the Hugo town. I know because i remember their presence and smell, he's Fabian, mother's old friend.

He got inside a liquor shop and i immediately went after him. I sneakily got inside the shop and saw Fabian going inside a door behind the counter. I was about to go after him when a man with a huge sword on his back blocked my way.

"What are you doing here kid? This is not a place to play, go home and eat some cookie." The man's loud voice caught the attention of the people around us so i just walked away and went outside, but before i can go on my way, i looked back at the door and saw Fabian standing there, looking at me. When we made an eye to eye contact, he turned his back and go back inside the door.

"That very suspicious door." I thought, squinting my eyes at the now closed door.

I decided to just let it go for now and go back to my business.

I never thought that i would ever be friends with a princess, but here i am. I don't have any idea what to gift her, all i can think that a turning eleven year old princess would want as a gift is a toy.

This is harder than looking for a gift for my ex-girlfriends in my last life. The selection of gifts in my last life is endless, and my ex-girlfriends only liked expensive jewelries and bags, so that's what i always give them.

"Wait, how about a toy from my last life?" I mumbled to myself.

Sapphire is a smart child, she  likes things that can make her think. That's the only thing i can think of, for now, i can even make it myself. The invention that even the inventor himself took months to solve.

Now that i already have a present in mind, i can walk around without any worries. There are food stalls around the area, i kinda wanna try everything out.