4

The rock shot right through my window and landed on my pile of clothes in the center of my room.

"NO!" I screamed as I ran toward the window, shutting it firmly on the guys hands.

"OW GOD JESSIE ITS ME NOAH GET THIS WINDOW OFF OF MY HANDS!"

Oh god. I just broke my best friends fingers.

"Why are you here?" I asked as I opened the window and helped him in. "You could've knocked on the front door."

"I know, it's cooler up that way. I should've assumed you would be scared, me throwing a rock through your window."

I opened up my computer, pulling up the history from my last 2 video chats.

"There. See, the guy has the same eye color, same height, and same knife." I pointed to the paused video tape at Noah pondered.

"I have no idea, Jess. How do you know it was your dad?"

"My dad always had a certain indentation on his forehead." I rewinded the tape to where it showed the dead guy in the chair. "He has the same indentation in the same spot."

Noah's face immediately turned sympathetic and sorrowful. "My god, Jess. I'm so sorry. I didn't think the group chat would do this."

"Not your fault." I shrugged it off as I scrolled throughout the rest if the tape, taking pictures of each and every frame to review them afterwards.

"Wait! Stop right there." Noah pushed the space bar and pointed to a face in the mirror on the back wall.

"What about it?" I asked as I took a picture of the screen. He moved closer to the laptop, observing the mirror.

"You see that face? That must be the guy recording it because the camera moved with the murder. And, both his hands were free." Noah was on to something. I couldn't pin my finger on what he was onto, but he was onto something, alright.

"I'm going to my mums office to print off these pictures. Go downstairs and get some tacks." I darted out of my bedroom to my mums office where she kept the printer.

While my 36 pictures were printing, I stared out my window. Every so often, the bush would move. Assuming it was the wind, I brushed it off.

Until, it was constant moving. I opened the window and poked my head out a bit, just to see a tall shadow near the tool shed.

I immediately pulled my head back inside and locked the window, closing the blinds then the curtains.

I received the pictures and returned to my room to see Noah on my bed with tacks and observing more frames on the laptop.

"I have the pictures." He sprang off my bed, and handed me some tacks. I walked to my wall nearest to my desk, and hung up some pictures.

I walked back, hands on my hips, and nodded in satisfactory.

I scoured through my desk drawers to find a permanent marker. I eventually found one and circled all the imperfections and suspicious documents in the pictures.

Noah found one in particular. It wasn't noticeable by ones untrained eye. He pointed to a set of street lights and cars through the window of the building.

"If we see enough through one of those windows, we could find where he is."

"On Yahoo news, it said that they found a woman dead in an abandoned warehouse, though."

"He could've brought her there."

While we looked in silence at the pictures, one detail on that one picture caught my eye.

"Oh my god."