6

At a quarter till 6, Noah and Shaye knocked at my door. My mum let them in, and they ran upstairs.

"Hey." They made themselves comfortable in the 2 chairs as I poured them some water out of a pitcher.

"So, where are these tapes?" Shaye asked as I handed the dusty box to her. She rummaged through them, turning them sideways to look at the names.

She got up and looked at the pictures on the wall. "Aren't these the pictures from the group chat?" I nodded. "Woah."

Noah helped my set up a clothes line and pin up a white sheet in my room. Shaye and I went and got the projector from my mums office.

I set up the first tape. The first tape revealed a family in a car, driving and laughing, enjoying the road trip. The tape then skipped. It then showed the car on the side of the road. It revealed the guy with the ski mask on looking at the dead family in the car.

"That's sick!" Shaye threw her crumpet at the sheet as I took out the tape and threw it in a new box labeled 'watched.'

We watched several, each getting sicker and more twisted each time. After we watched all of them, we were paranoid.

How could anyone do that?

I heard a ding from my laptop. I turned around, unlocked it, and it showed an incoming call from Group Chat MMS.

"Oh no." Noah grunted as I accepted the call. We all crowded around the laptop.

We heard heavy breathing and footsteps. The guy wearing the black ski mask showed a guy in a chair with duct tape over his mouth.

It was Ryan.

"NO DONT HURT HIM!" Shaye screamed at the man as he stabbed Ryan. Once, them twice, then three times.

Shaye collapsed on the floor and cried. Noah and I got on our knees and hugged her.

"I loved him." I handed her a tissue as she approached the laptop.

"Listen here, freak. If you even think about hurting my friends, you'll have to deal with me." She pointed at the man and then shut the laptop.

She wiped her eyes as we took down the sheet and folded it. We returned the projector to my mums office and I sat the tapes underneath my bed.

After Noah and Shaye went home. I had my hands on my desk, head down. I couldn't believe Ryan was dead.

I reviewed the video and took pictures of each frame, printed them, then hung them up.

I circled several things that made the picture abnormal.

"This just doesn't add up. He killed a random woman, then my dad, then my best friends boyfriend? Why?" I questioned myself as I smacked my forehead.

I had to take some aspirin to get my massive headache away.

I'm so stressed out and obsessed with this stupid mystery it just hurts me physically. I have no idea if I'm crazy or if it's just seeing my dad dead, but, I know what I saw.