5

"I know those light patterns, I know that street, I know that building!" I shouted as I pointed at a picture.

"That's the old warehouse that they had to close down due to a bug infestation. They use it now just to store unwanted utensils. If you look, you can see scattered remains of building materials, cars, and spare utilities!"

Noah high fives me and asks; "Where is that warehouse?"

"It down by the old paper mill in southern London. No one wants to get the building."

Noah jotted down a small note on a torn piece of paper and paper clipped it to the picture.

"It's 12 am. We have school tomorrow. I should get back home." Noah hugged me before grabbing his phone and climbing back down the ladder.

I laid back in my bed thinking about all the evidence we just found. I walked outside of my room, to the stairs leading to my attic.

I walked upstairs, each stair creaking as I walked. When I made it up there, I scoured throughout the dusty boxes and scattered belongings.

I stumbled over a box of old tapes. They all were labeled something like "swimming" or "sleepover." Being creeped out yet intrigued, I brought the tapes downstairs.

My mum was a FBI investigator, so she kept those old projectors. I found an old white sheet and hung it on a clothes line with 4 clothes pins.

I set up the first tape by adjust the line of the tape on the reel. I poured a glass of water and grabbed a crumpet, pulled up my chair, and watched the tape.

It revealed a happy family in a pool. Kids sliding down the slide and playing chicken, grown ups drinking beers, and a grandfather at the grill.

The tape seemed to skip, then it revealed the pool at night. The man with the ski mask appeared on the screen with a knife and revealed the family in the video before, dead.

I immediately got scared and ripped that tape out and threw it back in the box. I didn't want my mum to know I was tampering around in her office so I cleaned up the sheet and the projector and sat the box of tapes underneath my bed.

___________________________

At school, I immediately found Shaye and Noah.

"Hey Noah, did you fill Shaye in on what's happening?"

"Yes. She can't believe it, can you?"

"No!" She yelled as she clutched her backpack.

"Get this, last night, after you left Noah, I went up in my attic. I found a box full of these strange tapes labeled stuff like swimming and sleepover. I watched the swimming one, and it was happy at first. Then, at the end, it showed that guy from the Group Chat had killed that family."

Noah and Shaye gasped and they held their mouths.

"Is it okay if we come by this evening and watch all those with you?" Shaye asked as she rummaged through her back pocket to find her phone.

"Yea! What time?" Shaye checked the time and shoved her phone back in her pocket.

"6." I nodded and we went to our classes.

I sat down in art and doodled a flower on my canvas. I looked out the window as I looked at the roses growing outside near the parking lot. My thoughts were interrupted when I saw that biker riding past my window.

I blinked, and he vanished. "I'm going crazy." I thought to myself as I painted my rose red. The bell rung to dismiss us to get out of school. I caught the bus before it left, and handed the driver £3.

When I got home, it was about 5. I went up to my room and got it ready for Shaye and Noah to comeover. I brought in 3 chairs, 3 glasses of water, and 3 crumpets.

I pulled the box of tapes out from underneath my bed and looked through them. I counted 12 tapes.