5

Don't hurt my Charlotte

"You are silent over there Robert, you aren't scared of meeting my dad are you?" Charlotte questioned him. He looked over at her, "No No, just nervous." He tells her. She smiled at bit, "You have to worry about, he's excited meet you." Charlotte said with a smile which caused him to smile back at her. "Today was eventful." Robert said to her and she sighed. "Jake needs to learned not to say stupid things, bringing up Goose was uncalled for." Charlotte replied. "It was." He replied.

Charlotte hummed, "Seems like yesterday, that I met him for the first time, I was crushed when he was passed, Rooster and His mom went through a lot after he passed but Rooster and I grew a lot closer after that." She explained.  Robert just sat and listen to her which she admire so much. "So your father worried about you going on this mission?" Robert asked her.

She looked over at him for a moment then back at the road. "He is, but that's normal, but he knows I'll be fine." Charlotte replied. "To be fair, you pilots plus obviously Rooster since I went to school with him, have been the friends really have, Kids would make fun of me in school, especially around the fact that my dad was raising me on his own." She replied, saying that out loud stung. "Charlotte..." Robert said. "You know, it sucks that my birth parents never saw me grow up, but he took me in, gave me a life, to those kids, my dad priority was me and he focus was on me." Charlotte said as tears slipped. Robert grabbed her hand and squeezed it. "Your father is amazing for that." He tells her and she smiles at him. "Thank you." She said as he smiled back at her.

.........

They pulled into her driveway, Charlotte took a deep breath and looked over at him. "You have nothing to worry about." She assures him and He nods at her. They stepped out of her car and walked up the front door, Charlotte opened the door. "Dad! I am home, I have Bob with me!" Charlotte exclaimed as her and Robert stepped inside the house. "Kitchen sweetheart!" He replied. She walked to the kitchen and Robert followed.

"Dad." Charlotte said as they approached him. He turned around and smiled. "Hey sweetheart." He said as he pulled her into a hug.  He looked at Robert and smiled. "You must be Bob... well Robert that Charlotte was talking about... it's nice to meet you." Sam said as he held his hand out to Robert which he took. "It's nice to meet you as well, Charlotte has said many wonderful things about you." Robert tells him which caused Sam to look at his daughter and smile. "So what's on the menu tonight father?" She questioned him. He smiled, "It's a surprise." He said and she shook her head.

............

"This was really good." Robert said to Sam which caused him to smile. "I can't wait to cook for the rest of you." Her father said eagerly. "I'm sure they'll enjoy it dad." Charlotte said. "I take it your WSO?" Sam asked. "Indeed, you?" Robert asked and Sam nodded. "Hangman made it seem like..." Robert said and Charlotte shook her head. "Rooster's father was also along with Slider, Sundown and Wolfman." Charlotte explained, Robert nodded while Sam was smiling at Charlotte. "Besides Jake can't seem to quit leaving you and Natasha hanging all the time." Charlotte added. Robert shook his head. "That's how he got that callsign." Sam said which caused Charlotte and Robert to chuckle.

Charlotte looked at the clock, "Oh my goodness, it's getting late, let me use the restroom and I'll take you home." Charlotte said and Robert smiled. She smiled back and walked to the bathroom. "Charlotte mentioned to me, you adopted her, She talked about how appreciative she is for you." Robert said to him which caused him to smile a bit. "You like my daughter... don't you?" Sam asked which caused Robert to freeze. "Huh?" He questioned him. "You can admit it, I can see it, the way you look at her, I know you only known each other for a few days now, but I see it." Sam said which caused Robert to nod his head slowly.

"I knew, but promise me something when you two do get together, I know you aren't the type of fellow to do this, because I see it, you are gentleman to my daughter but promise me, don't hurt my Charlotte." Sam asked of Robert. "I promise sir, you have my word" Robert said which caused Sam to smile. Charlotte walked back out, "You ready to go?" She asked Robert. He nodded. "Thank you for cooking Mr. Wells and Also thank you for inviting me Charlotte." Robert said. "Your welcome son." Sam said which caused Charlotte to smile.

...................

Charlotte walked up to his porch, Robert turned to look at her. "Tonight was great." Robert said. "Indeed." Charlotte said with a smile. "Your father, is a gentle soul." Robert said and she smiled. "It was nice to have you over." She said. "Now next time, I'll cook something for you." Robert said which caught her off guard. "If that's alright with you?" He added which caused her to smile at him. "I'll like that." She said. 

"Anyways, I'll see you tomorrow." Robert said and Charlotte looked at him for a moment. She smiled at him, "By the way, if you need a ride, let me know." Charlotte said which caused him to smile a bit, "Of course." He said as she started walking to her car, she stop dead in her tracks. "Charlotte?" He questioned her. 

She looked back at him, "You know that night when we met?" She asked and he nodded. "I meant it, you are an awesome person, I am glad you step into my life." She said which caused his heart to fluttered. "I am glad you are apart of mine, also you are not only awesome but you are one of the kindest." Robert said and she smiled. "See you tomorrow." She said. He nodded, then went inside his house. 

......................