Prologue

"One more! C'mon, sing us one more song!" Yelled someone in the crowd of clapping people. The bard smiled and nodded.

"Alright, last one." The bard thinks for a moment, then, the door to the tavern opens. In walks a man, footsteps heavy, murmuring under his breath. A song popped into his mind.

"When a humble bard
graced a ride along
with Gandalf the Wizard
along came this song." He started a song with a strum of his lute. He felt the newcomer's eyes shift to him.

"From when the Greyhame fought
a silver-tongued devil,
his army of orcs,
at his hooves did they revel.

They came after me
with masterful deceit.
Broke down my lute
and they kicked in my teeth.

While the devil's horns
minced our tender meat
and so cried the Wizard.
He can't be bleat.

Toss a coin to your Wizard!
O' Valley of Plenty,
O' Valley of Plenty.
Toss a coin to your Wizard!
O' Valley of Plenty.

At the edge of the world,
fight the mighty horde
that bashes and breaks you
and brings you to mourn.

He trusts every elf,
far back on the shelf,
high up on the mountain,
from whence they came.

He wiped out your pest,
got kicked in his chest.
He's a friend of humanity
so give him the rest!

That's my epic tale.
Our champion prevailed.
Defeated the villain.
Now pour him some ale!

Toss a coin to your Wizard!
O' Valley of Plenty,
Toss a coin to your Wizard!
A friend of humanity!

Toss a coin to your Wizard!
O' Valley of Plenty,
Toss a coin to your Wizard!
A friend of humanity!" Cheers of glee, clinking of tankards full of ale and laughter filled the tavern with the last note.

"Thank you all very much for this lovely evening! Thank you!" The bard shouted into the room. Then, after a brief collecting of some coins passed to him, he sat down by a table near the window which was ajar, letting in the soft summer breeze. Soon a cheerful girl danced over to him and he requested a simple meal.

"Here you go, my dear, on the house today." She said as she placed a plate before him.

"Huh? No, I couldn't-" He tried to argue but she silenced him.

"Of course you could. Your songs have drawn in every traveler passing by! What a magical voice!" She sighed and swiftly walked away when someone else called for her.

"It was indeed a beautiful performance." A new voice said and sat on the other side of the table.

"I do try, Gandalf."

"How have you been lately, Gilan?" The wizard asked with a spark in his eyes.

"Well enough, considering the times we've been in for the past few years. But I sense that the same cannot be said about you. Scent of blood follows you, but not orc's. Your own." The bard mysteriously stated.

"Nothing escapes your keen senses, does it? Tell me, friend, have you heard any news lately?"

"Plenty of news, variety of nature. The one that might interest you, however, are the rumors of a dark cloud settling above Isengard. I haven't seen it, of course, but many adventurers warned others to avoid the tower."

"Hmm..."

"Something is in the air, Mithrandir. Something evil passed these lands, heading west." Elvish easily slipped off Gilan's tongue.

"When?"

"Two nights ago. Soon after sunset."

"That is concerning." Gandalf hummed.

"Gandalf-"

"Gilan, I will be heading for Imladris soon. A meeting concerning a grave matter will be held there. Should you want, you can accompany me and attend alongside me." Gandalf offered and Gilan stayed silent for a moment.

"How soon?"

"Tonight."

"They will underestimate me once they realize."

"Has that ever stopped you?"

"Heh, no."

I do not own the lyrics to the song 'Toss a Coin to your Witcher'.  I only replaced some words so it would fit better to the story.