Preparations Chapter 11

Ava's POV

As soon as Jake comes back we are all set for the ritual. All of the Omatikaya link their kuru to the roots of the tree of souls. Me and Neytiri are with mother as Jake brings Grace's human form and Tsu'tey brings Grace's dreamwalker. They lay both of them across from each other next to mother. Little glowing roots climb on the both of them.

"The great mother may choose to save all that she is, in this body." Mother says hovering her hands over the navi body.

"Is that possible." Jake says looking at Mother unsure.

"She must pass through the eye of Eywa and return. But Jakesully she is very weak." Mother says with sadness in her eyes.

"Hang on Grace they are going to fix you up." Jake says trying to reassure himself.

'Hear us please, All Mother.' Mother says starting the ritual.

'Eywa help her.' Me and all the others say.

'Take this spirit into you....' Mother says loudly.

'Eywa help her.' We all repeat again.

'...and breath her back to us.' Mother says dancing.

'Eywa help her.' We chant.

'Let her walk among us...as one of the people.' Mother yells.

Then mother starts saying Eywa's name over and over as we all follow her chanting.

'Stop.' Mother says as we all look over to sky person Grace who has started moving.

"Jake." Grace says weakly as she pulls her arm up to hold his hand.

"Grace!" Jake says as he grabs Grace's hand.

"I'm with her Jake. She is real." Grace says as her arm goes slack.

Mother then focuses her hands near Navi Grace as She opens her eyes.

"Grace, your here." I say as we go towards her as she lifts her head up.

"I'm back Jake." Grace says smiling about to get up.

"Wait, don't get up. You aren't dressed." I say as she looks at herself flustered.

"Here". Mother says as she gives Grace her shawl and walks her over to the caves to get changed.

Grace comes back out wearing her sky person clothing that they took off for the ritual. Jake grabs Neytiri's arm to pull her up from the ground and walks over to Tsu'tey.

"With you permission I will speak now." Jake says to Tsu'tey as he walks next to him to speak.

'The sky people have sent us a message, that they can take whatever they want and that no one can stop them. Well, we will send them a message. You ride out as fast as the wind can carry you. You tell the other clans to come. You tell them the Toruk Makto calls to them. My brothers! Sisters! We will tell the sky people that they can't take whatever they want, and that this, this is OUR LAND!' Jake says as everyone cheers with excitement.

Jake grabs Neytiri and pulls her over to Toruk as the other hunters go on their Ikran's. They all get up into the sky hearing hollers of excitement. Neytiri is especially enjoying it being with Jake on top of Toruk. They take off and go in the direction of the Ikran clan of the eastern sea as I am left behind with mother.

'Can I help Mother?' I ask Mother with a pleading expression.

'You can help with the ceremonial war paint and collecting food. If the clans all meet up here we will need plenty food.' Mother says.

I get together a group of navi that can hunt for food and for berries for the war paint. We get it done and as we come back we see maybe 1,000 more navi from the other clans and more are coming in from the tree line. I have no clue how Jake and the others managed to get all of the clans here in under a day but they did it. I amass more navi hunter for the food supply as we don't know when the sky people will strike. We gather about a day or twos worth of food, we can't get anymore as it is too much for us to handle and Eywa knows it will be damaging to the forest if we over hunt.

I go to my sleeping area and see a lone shimmerfly the exit of the cave. I flies over to me and lands shoulder and I hear someone speaking.

'Child you will play an important role in the fight so I will unlock your ability. It will come at a time of great danger and will help many of the Navi. Stay safe little one, have a good nights rest.' The voice says softly.

After they stopped speaking the shimmerfly flew of my shoulder and out the cave entrance. I wonder what they mean by abilities I think as I yawn. I lay down and I am instantly out like a light.