Teaching Chapter 7

Ava's POV

After training with the direhorses we bring Jake to a spring.

"Clean off the mud, once done we will show you something that all hunters earn." Neytiri says with a smile.

Jake then jumps into the spring to wash off the mud with little success at first. Once done we lead him back to hometree and up the spiral branch to the top of hometree. Jake marvels at the sight from the top of hometree while Neytiri make a call. Her banshee then comes over scaring Jake a little, which is funny.

"Holy Shit." Jake says while trying not to fall of the branch.

"Do not look in her eyes.,' Neytiri then brings out a piece of meat,"Seize. Ikran is not a horse. When tsaheylu is made Ikran will only fly with one hunter in the whole life." Neytiri says and she makes tsaheylu and gets on Seize.

"To become taronyu, hunter, you must choose your own ikran and they must choose you. When you are ready." Neytiri says and she and Seize jump off the branch and fly around the top of hometree and over Jake making him duck as I laugh.

After this me and Neytiri teach Jake all sorts of the things that he should know. Neytiri teaches Jake to hunt with a bow but before that Jake need to know how to draw the bowstring back with a precise form. I teach Jake more about the navi language and how to pronounce them. Neytiri smacks him if he pronounces it wrong. We also take him running through the branches and how to fall down to ground level by using the natures natural giant leaves, he is not so good at it yet as he falls down hard on the floor or sometimes gets tangled in vines, which is hilarious because we have to get him untied. We teach him about how to listen to the forest and find what nature provides for us all.

After a while Jake convinced mother to let Grace the red headed woman to come to hometree. I am surprised because mother isn't so easily persuaded, but just by watching Grace I can see how much she missed talking with the children. After we went into the forest at night so Jake can see the fan lizards. He gets so intrigued. (Fan lizards are lizards that have wings that open when they are frightened and the inside of the wings are bright colors telling them to stay away, they kinda look like little strobe lights attached to a lizards body.)

After we take Jake swimming Neytiri test Jake on his bow form, it is perfect.

'Stay at Hometree Ava, I'm going to take Jake hunting.' Neytiri says while getting arrows.

'Okay Sister, you better tell me the good new as soon as you come back." I say with a smile.

Neytiri leaves as Tsu'tey comes over to me.

'How has it been teaching the dreamwalker sister.' Tsu'tey says looking at me.

'It was difficult at the beginning brother, he wasn't lying when he said he knew nothing.' I said with a chuckle as Tsu'tey laughed.

'Neytiri is taking him hunting , she said his form was perfect so if he pass he will be with you and the other new hunters to Ooh-rah.' I say as Tsu'tey scoffs.

'Hope he fails' Tsu'tey says as he walks off.

I then hear Pali's and look over to see Jake and Neytiri with Hexapeade on the back. (A hexapeade is similar to a deer.) Neytiri dismount and walks over to me.

"He is ready." Neytiri says with a smile while looking at Jake as he tries to take the hexapeade off his pali.

I walk over to Jake as he gives his kill to the other hunters to make into tonight's meal.

"I see you. Congratulations Jake." I say while looking at him with a bit of pride.

"I see you. Thank you Ava, I couldn't have done so without you and Neytiri's help." Jake says rubbing the back of his neck.

"Make sure to get some rest Jake. The time for all the young hunters last test is in two days. Make sure to have everything you need and be careful." I say with a stern worried gaze.

"When have I ever not been careful. ...... Okay I see your point, I'll be careful." Jake said while resting his hand on my shoulder.

"You better Jake." I say as I go to get dinner.

We all sit down and enjoy Jake's kill with some of the fresh fruits from the forest.

"To all the young hunters going to for their last and final test in two days time, be careful and be brave." Moat says over the fire as many of the clan holler and call out in excitement.

Once done with our meal we all head back to our sleeping area. I get into my hammock and close it off hearing the sounds of the forest and the Ikrans as I fall asleep.