Chapter 17

I hear a loud horn outside and I know that Argyle's here to pick us up. Argyle is Jonathan's new friend and I'm glad he's making friends. When we get into the car, Argyle drives off at the speed of light. When we get to school, I separate from the others and go sit behind the school. I hear footsteps and I see Debbie, the only friend I've made here.

"You hiding?" I nod. "I'll hide with you." She sits beside me putting her legs on top of mine. "You excited to go back to Hawkins with your hot piece of ass?" I chuckle. "Don't call him that." She chuckles. "He secretely loves when I call him that. Makes him feel validated." I roll my eyes but don't comment. The bell rings and we go to class. 

It's the end of school and I hear a commotion. I move towards it and when I hear El's voice it makes me move forward. I get there just in time to see her attempt to use her powers on the girl who's making fun of her and I run up when they start making fun of her. El's project that she worked so hard on is on the ground crushed up.

I walk up to the girl who's the main bully and I stand really close to her. "You find it fun bullying innocent people and breaking their possessions?" She looks at me and rolls her eyes. "Who even are you? Why are you defending this freak?" "'This freak' is my stepsister and talk about her like that again and I might just accidentally forget that you're just a freshman." Her eyes widen. "Are you threatening me?" "Yes, I am. So watch your back." 

Suddenly a teacher walks up. "What is going on here?" "We were just having a lovely little chat." "She threatened me." I look at her. Oh, she wants to go there. "She's bullying my sister. I just told her if she didn't stop there would be consequences to her actions. She took that as a threat apparently and so I let her." "She told me that she'd kill me." I look at her and laugh. "Why would I risk going to jail for you? Trust me, you're not worth it." 

The teacher looks between us trying to figure out who's lying. Then she looks back at El who has tears in her eyes. She nods before grabbing Angela  and dragging her away. Angela yells and tries to make El tell the teacher that she didn't do anything. I run up to El and I put my arm around her. "It's fine." She bends down to assess the damage. It's really bad. Will runs forward and tries to tell El that it will be ok and that they'll fix it together. It doesn't really work cause she starts crying as she looks at Hopper broken in two.