Chapter 5: Journey to China

Next morning at the Jade Palace. Po, Vee, and the Five were gathered in the arena, as they watched Shifu read the contents of a scroll.

"Are you familiar with the master of Gongmen City?" Shifu asked.

"You mean Master Thundering Rhino?" Po questioned.

"Yes." Shifu replied.

"Son of the legendary Master Flying Rhino?" Po questioned again.

"Yes." Shifu replied.

"And slayer of the ten-thousand serpents of the Valley of Woe?" Po questioned again.

"He's dead." Shifu said.

Po, Vee, and the Five are shocked.

"Whoa." Po muttered, before he read the message with Tigress, who read over his shoulder before he handed it to Moneky.

"That's impossible!" Crane exclaimed.

"How could this have happened?" Vee asked, worriedly.

"Rhino's horn defense is impervious to any technique." Tigress added.

"This was no technique." Shifu explained. "Lord Shen had created a weapon, one that breathes fire and spits metal. Unless he is stopped, this could be the end... of kung fu."

"But I just got kung fu!" Po said.

"And now, you must save it!" Shifu ordered. "Go! Destroy this weapon and bring Lord Shen to justice!"

The Furious Five instantly set off. Po and Vee make to follow.

"Yeah! Let's go, let's..." Po cheered, but he stopped that caused Vee to stop as well. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a second! How can I do this? I mean, how can kung fu stop something that stops kung fu?"

"Remember, Dragon Warrior: Anything is possible... when you have inner peace." Shifu said.

"But how will we know when we find it?" Vee asked.

"You'll know." Shifu replied with a smile.

Po and Vee smile, before Po placed Vee on his shoulders and gave her a piggy back ride as he set off. Down in the village, the villagers cheer as Po, Vee, and the Five began their journey.

"Inner peace, inner peace, inner peace... peace on!" Po whispered.

"Po!"

Po was caught off guard as he and the Five stopped outside Mr. Ping's shop. Po placed Vee on the ground as Mr. Ping ran outside with a large backpack, which upon was dropped on the ground that spilled a large amount of contents.

"I got your travel pack! I packed you food for weeks: cookies, buns, vegetables... and I even packed all your action figures!" Mr. Ping said, before he pulled out action figures of Mantis and Tigress and held up the Tigress figure. "See?"

Po is embarrassed as Monkey laughed and Tigress looked at Po in amusement.

"Oh! Uh, hey, I don't know what those are, never seen them before in my life..." Po scoffed. As soon as Monkey and Tigress walked off, Po grabbed the Tigress figure. "Dad, you got scratches on my Tigress."

Mr. Ping pulls out some portraits.

"I also packed your paintings of our best times together, just in case you get lonely! That's me and you making noodles... and that's me and you eating noodles... and that's me giving you a piggy-back ride!" Mr. Ping smiled, as he and Po looked at a picture of Mr. Ping squished under a baby Po. "Isn't that cute... on second thought, I think I'll hang on to this one."

"Hey, uh, they're waiting for me." Po said.

"Of course, of course... You have a job to do... far from home... in a strange city, filled with strange people, and strange noodles... facing horrible danger from which you might never return!" Mr. Ping panicked. "Don't go, Po!"