Chapter 7: Wolf Chase

Po, Vee, and the Five took off after him. Outside the jail, Boss Wolf jumped onto a rickshaw cart.

"Get me outta here!" Boss Wolf ordered.

"Yes, sir!" The antelope said.

The driver speedily pulled Boss Wolf up the street as the Five emerged and chased him. Po and Vee stopped outside the jail and spotted another rickshaw cart nearby. Seconds later, Po rode the rickshaw down the street as Vee was on his back as a piggy back ride, while they sped past the Five and gained of Boss Wolf.

"Go, Po!" Monkey cheered. "Go, Vee!"

Boss Wolf's cart took a sharp turn into a nearby alley. Po moved too fast and went straight past.

"Lose him!" Boss Wolf demanded.

"Yes, sir!" The antelope said.

"He's trying to get away!" Vee alerted.

"Viper!" Po called out.

"Hang on!" Viper said.

Viper wrapped herself round a pole as Po grabbed her tail. The momentum swung him round and into the alley. The alley opened up into a market place. Boss Wolf eventually grabbed the driver.

"Watch out!" Boss Wolf teased.

He flung the innocent antelope into Po's path. Vee used her magic to teleport the antelope safety on the ground and out of the way.

"Very uncool!" Po said.

"Try this!" Boss Wolf snapped.

He knocked over several citizens and crates. Po was barely able to dodge the crates, and the Five managed to pull all the citizens out the way, though they fall behind in the process. Po laughed and continued his pursuit. The chase took them out of the market place and into a small street.

"Hey, quit being a bully!" Vee yelled.

"How about something small?!" Boss Wolf said, as he picked up a pram full of baby bunnies.

"No, no!" Po denied, horrified.

The bunnies were flung into Po's face and in Vee's arms. Blinded, Po ended up rolling off the street and into a scaffolding as Boss Wolf laughed at him.

"Cute bunnies off the face!" Po said.

"Buddy, look out!" Vee warned.

Po managed to see enough to spot that their cart was about to go over the end of the scaffold. Po screamed before he slammed his foot on the left wheel, that swerved the cart onto the rooftop next to the scaffold.

"Fire!" A bunny giggled.

Po saw that his foot was on fire. Down below, the Five continued their pursuit.

"We lost them!" Tigress said.

She heard Po scream and looked up. On the rooftop, Po and Vee saw that they were again about to go over the edge. With nowhere to go, they indeed went over... but Po managed to balance the cart on two ropes that stretched over the street, both he and Vee deposited the bunnies safely in the seat. Po spotted that they were about to crash into the building opposite.

"Crane, catch!" Po alerted.

Po swung beneath the cart and tossed the bunnies into the air, all of which were caught by Crane. Po and Vee crashed into the building, that shattered the cart, and fell back into the street.

"That's bruise written all over it." Vee groaned in pain.

Back on street level, Po was left balancing on a wheel and a stick. Vee was still on his back as a back ride. Far ahead, Boss Wolf laughed tauntingly and continued on.

"Guys, guys, guys, guys!" Po called out. "Give me a shove!"

"What?" Vee questioned, with wide eyes.

"Mantis, now!" Tigress said.

"Oh no." Vee denied. "No, no, no! Wait!"

Mantis flung Tigress forward. Tigress flew through the air, prepared a double-fisted punch and...

"Heeee...YAH!" Tigress exclaimed.

She hit Po directly in the rear... and both he and Vee went tearing up the street, as they left a trail of fire in their wake. Vee screamed as she held on for dear life. Boss Wolf barely had time to turn and yell in surprise before Po and Vee crashed into him. The three were now sparring on the still-moving cart, as they passed watching citizens as they speed down the street.

"Is that the best you've got?" Boss Wolf teased. "Cause it feels like I'm fighting a big ol' fluffy cloud!"

"Well, this cloud's about to bring the thunder!" Po snapped.

Po pushed Boss Wolf up with his foot, that caused Boss Wolf to get hit in the back repeatedly by the hanging signs. Boss Wolf eventually retaliated by grabbing Po's foot and leaning backward, that forced Po into a upward position on the cart.

"Gotcha!" Boss Wolf said.

Boss Wolf laughed as Po suffered the same treatment (in the face).

"Ow! Why..." Po said as he got hit. Whack! "are..." Whack! "there..." Whack! "so..." Whack! "many..." Whack! "signs..." A large gate sign approached. "WAAAAAH!"

Po ducked just in time. The cart went through the gate and began to bounce down the stairs. The motion gave Po an idea. He stuck his fist out and Boss Wolf's face got bounced into it each time the cart bumped on a step. Vee laughed as Boss Wolf got his karma. The cart reached the bottom of the stairs and went down another street before it rode up a ramp, that sent Po, Vee, and Boss Wolf to fly into the air. They screamed and clutched at each other as they soared over the city. As gravity began to take effect, Po grabbed Boss Wolf and forced him beneath him. Vee used a spell to slowly fall to the ground.

"Com'ere!" Po said. "ALAKASQUASH-O!"

CRASH! Boss Wolf took the worst of the impact as they crashed into the ground outside the palace gates. Vee safely landed on the ground on her feet and went over to help Po. The Five rushed onto the scene as Po staggered off the stunned wolf. Vee helped lift Po up and Tigress caught him as he fell backwards.

"Yes! Taste the defeat!" Po cheered. "Let me tell ya something. Next time you mess with a panda, you'd better bring a whole... lotta..."

At that moment, dozens of wolves emerged from all directions, while a dozen archers aimed their bows from the palace wall. In seconds, the warriors were surrounded. Boss Wolf got up to his feet.

"Guess nobody told you... you mess with the wolf, you get the fangs!" Boss Wolf said, before he punched Po in the gut- he doubled over, winded. "Now I've hit ya twice! What are you gonna do now?"

"Leave him alone!" Vee warned, before Boss Wolf grabbed her by the shirt.

"You got guts, girl." Boss Wolf teased, as he slightly pressed his sharp claws under her chin. "But you don't look like a threat. You're a freak!"

Boss Wolf tossed Vee back to her friends and they helped her up. Po glared at his nemesis for a long moment... and then...

"WE SURRENDER!" Po announced.

A gorilla pulled out some handcuffs. One by one, Monkey, Viper, Vee, and Tigress were cuffed.

"You can chain my body, but you will never chain my-!" Crane said, before a wolf cuffed his neck, that muffled his voice. "...warrior spirit!"

"Hey, don't forget the little guy!" Po said.

"Did you just call me...?" Mantis questioned.

Po grabbed Mantis and stuffed him in a little cage which he carried from that point on.

"Po, what are you doing?" Tigress asked.

"Don't worry, I've got th..." Po assured, before he cried out in pain as a pair of cuffs were slapped around his own wrists. "No way... eight-point acupressure cuffs? Just like the ones that held Tai Lung! The more you move, the tighter they get!" A soldier hooked his cuffs on a pole and yanked him off his feet. "These are the best cuffs!"

He was dragged forward and Vee sighed in embarrassment.