Chapter 20: Joining the Main Unit

XX

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

|Aristia was in disbelief, she decided long beforehand that there will still be some problems that the empire will face even if she decided to use some of her experiences in the first life. But she never expected that her father and his team will be handling those problems, and the empire is not small place...

This expedition will take a while, not just a couple of months. Will be joining the main unit

“I apologize for these circumstances, Lady Aristia” The Duke spoke up, “I wish I could go myself, but the commander of the first squadron can't leave the city” he clicked his tongue in annoyance.

“Instead, my son and some knights from the first squadron will be joining the main unit” The Duke looked towards his son, sitting beside his favorite white head. Kaysian stood up and bowed to Aristia, with a determined expression.

“We should hurry with the preparations, An you will be assisting us, is that okay?” The Marquis wanted to finish this mission as soon as possible, but of course he has to put the safety of himself and the knights, at top priority.

“Yes pa. I'm free for the day, anyways” Anastacius stood up and replied, he gave Kaysian a pat on the shoulder before walking to his sister on order to give her reassurance.

Aristia suddenly remembered her father's back, out was the last time she saw him before he perished under the emperor's execution.

“When should we mobilize?” The Duke starts to have a serious conversation with the Marquis, as they schedule a meeting for later in the afternoon.

“I'll do everything I can, to make the mission as fast as possible. With maximum security and no space for failure” Anastacius took her hand in his gloved ones, not so tightly. But it was enough to make her forget about her worries for a moment.

Both of the siblings glanced at their father's conversation with the Duke, “Arkint, I expect you will take good care of my children while I'm away”

Aristia and Anastacius felt so loved, seeing their father work about them once they're not in his presence.