Chapter 25: This is gonna be a long day

XXV

      » [Everything goes on] «0:51 ─〇───── 0:00     ⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

0:51 ─〇───── 0:00
     ⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

“Ari, do you want to be the head of our family?”

Anastacius wondered as he manages to snap Aristia out of her daze. Her eyes widen and her jaw dropped, her body faced the direction of her brother. She is speechless.

Aristia felt like she just have misheard the words that came from her brother's mouth.

“No, you didn't hear wrong”

Anastacius interrupted her delusion of hearing him wrong with an amused smile gracing his lips.

“Brother...” She gaped with erratic eyes, she was caught off guard and her mind went blank.

“You don't have to answer that question now, but whatever your decision is...” Anastacius trailed off as he placed both of his hands on her shoulders, giving her a small squeeze, “I will always support you”

Aristia remains silent as she peered into the eyes of her brother, trying to see if there's a hint of disappointment or any negative emotions. But his eyes remain bright and warm without any doubt that he'll follow whatever she chooses.

“Go get some rest, you've improved a lot today”

Later that night, Aristia wasn't able to eat dinner with her brother because he was suddenly summoned to the palace at the urgent request of the Emperor.

“Me being the head?”

She mutters as she looks outside the window, everything would have been dark of it weren't for the moonlight illuminating over the miles of land.

Her heart and brain are going through a war of what she should decide for herself, will her decision be the correct one on the end?

If she can't decide now, she should just sleep through the storm in her head... Maybe she should also visit sir Carsein for training, to distract herself for a few days.