Chapter 24: Butterfly Effect

XXIV

» [The Tornado] «
0:33 ─〇───── 4:49
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

"Surely you jest, I can already see him getting displeased later when he finds out that he missed your visit" The head butler laughed heartily which made Anastacius smile and laugh along.

It's times like these that make it seem like he's part of their family despite being away for so long and not being blood related to any of them. He's always treated like a daughter-in-law whenever he goes here...

Anastacius shakes that silly resemblance out of his head as they near the garden. It seems that they planted new flowers, sunflowers and lilies are located near the red roses.

The head butler noticed that his attention turned on to the newest addition to the garden and he proudly told Anastacius about them.

"The Duchess recently requested for the seeds to be imported from the neighboring empire and she personally grew them" He commented as they move closer to the flowers, Anastacius blinks in surprise and he gently touches its petals with his gloved fingers.

"I would have never thought that the Duchess would be so interested in growing these herself" Anastacius whispers softly as he brings his hand back, "This must have taken so much effort for them to grow so beautifully"

The two of them reached the middle of the garden, and he can see the familiar turquoise hair flowing against the wind. Always worn in an elegant bun with a few strands of hair framing the sides of her face, it seems that she already noticed his arrival but refuses to meet eyes with him.

The head butler smiled at Anastacius, "The young masters also helped (forced) mistress, it is such a sight to see the mother and sons bond under the sun"

"Kaysian and Carsein? I wish I saw that scene" Anastacius chuckles before nodding gratefully to the head butler, "Thank you for showing the way"

"It is my honor, sir Anastacius"

The young man silently approaches the Duchess with a small smile on his face. Just from her back, Anastacius can already tell that time did not touch her beauty at all.

"Hmp you finally remembered to visit your teacher after so many years"

Duchess Ernia slowly lifted her head, still graceful as ever. Anastacius sat down in front of her with an amused smile that he didn't even bother hiding, he placed the briefcase on the floor next to him as he hooked his hands together in front of him.