Chapter 21: Don't be Suspicious

XXI

      » Stuck in the Abyss «0:00 ─〇───── 0:00     ⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

0:00 ─〇───── 0:00
     ⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

They stepped inside the reception hall, Anastacius' eyes immediately dart over the crowd to see if a familiar green head is there. And sadly he did see two men with long green hair.

'Fuck' 

He can tolerate one dark green head at the time without feeling the slightest urge to throw the person into a pit of non-venomous and fangless snakes. While the person's arms and legs are changed to the ground, in a dim setting. Enough to psychologically traumatized them for a couple of years, he thought.

'I have to get out of here'

He quickly walk passed a table of delicacies, sneaking a few pieces on his coat while staying as far away as possible. His father watched him avoid the Verita father and son duo, looking worried.

The Marquis is quite aware of his son's dissatisfaction with the two, but he is not aware of the reason why. They only met a few times, and none of them were planned.

Currently, the Verita's head and eldest son are busy exchanging greetings with the recently arrived guests.

Inside his head, the Head of the Verita's household is cursing the red headed Duke for setting the banquet in their place... And only being informed about it, a few days before!

The only person that he can enjoy his time with, is the young heir of the La Monique household. He likes exchanging ideas, information and small talk with the young man. There are even times, he wants to adopt him into the family but he doesn't have any daughters.

On the other hand, the heir of the Veritas is looking around the crowd for a familiar white haired man. He wanted to clear up the misunderstanding between them, which caused their blossoming friendship to disappear into thin air.