Action Star

The only remaining people inside the shooting range are the owner manning the counter and the actor finishing the rest of his bullets. It was already really late in the evening, and he did tell her not to wait up. But knowing that he had another early day tomorrow, she did not even think twice when she changed into outside clothes and donned on a cap.

The owner recognizes her at first glance and gives her a knowing grin. He gestures towards the door leading to the shooting booths and she gives him a grateful smile, still feeling shy and awkward despite the fact that they have already let everyone in on their secret love affair.

She again thanks the artistic direction of the movie that required him to have a rugged look. He looks every inch the action star he wanted to be. And she cannot be prouder.

"Hey, you."

The stern expression on his face clears at the sight of her. "Hey," he greets, lowering the gun onto the table, where there are still several rounds of bullets left. "What are you doing here?"

Her missing him is already a given, and so she decides to go on another direction. "I came here for some shooting lessons."

His eyebrows shoot up to his hairline and she delights over the fact that she can see them shooting up. Bless that sequel. "Since when have you been interested in guns?"

"Since I saw you shooting a few minutes ago," she answers, smirking at the blush slowly creeping up his neck. "Come on. Show me. You have been practicing all night. I want to try."

"Okay," he gives in as if he had any other choice. He hands her protective gear for her eyes and ears. "Remember. This is still a dangerous weapon. No funny games."

She nods, listening to him tell her about the mechanics and watching his lips move. He gets lost in the lesson, passionate and stern, and she quickly forgets what they are talking about.

He really looks so handsome. The way his tan skin complements his sharp features. The way his perfect face is framed by his short hair and his neat stubble. Only a handful of men can pull off a clean look and a rugged look, and he executes both flawlessly.

"Are you listening to me?"

She snaps out of her reverie and sees the amused expression on his face. He leans against the side of the booth and crosses his arms. His very tanned and muscular arms.

"Of course," she replies.

"What was the last thing I said?"

She struggles to come up with something, anything to save face, only to release an annoyed huff. "You know, you shouldn't look like that when you are teaching."

He looks down on his clothes. Like they had to do with anything. "Look like what?"

"Like that!" she gestures towards his general direction. "You know, with those eyes and those lips, you sir are a very distracting human being!"

His smile keeps growing and growing and she is trying very hard to remain serious. "I am sorry," he says without meaning it and comes closer to where she stands. "You were the one who said you came here for lessons."

"Yeah, well," she stammers, losing her train of thought as he comes even closer. Her breath comes out uneven, her eyes fluttering to a close. "Is this part of it?"

"This part is just for the pretty girlfriends," he murmurs, and she can almost feel his lips on hers.

"Plural, huh?" she repeats, wondering why they are still talking. "I should have known. Actors are all the same."

He pulls back, making her almost whimper, and gives her a playful glare. "You are going to pay for that," he warns before completely pulling away and leaving her hollow. "I have to settle my tab before he closes up. Don't touch anything. I'll be right back."

He really leaves. And she stares at the closing door for a moment before releasing an incredulous scoff. "Oh," she says to no one in particular, "So, we are playing that game. Okay."

She puts on her protective gear and loads up the gun with an expert hand. She widens her stance and takes a steadying breath, aiming for the target. After a few more seconds, she pulls the trigger. And she continues again and again and again until there are no more bullets left.

"You tricked me."

His smirk tells her that she is definitely going to pay for it later. A shiver runs down her spine at the thought. She leaves the gun on the table and turns around to face him, flicking her hair behind her flawlessly.

"You are not the only action star here, darling."