Hands

His knuckles graze the back of her hand as thousands of cameras flash wildly before their eyes. The subtle contact makes her heart trip inside her chest. Throughout the press tour, he has been such a steady presence beside her, ready to guide her towards where they needed to be and lend a helping hand whenever the need arises. She wonders if he acts this way towards all his female costars and if accidental touches like these are the norm.

She teases him in front of the audience, telling him he's a 100 to her even though he only gave her 90 points. It makes him laugh and she feels triumphant. Because she needs to know if she makes him as happy as much as he makes her.

Her hand inadvertently finds his behind the fan they are posing with. His smile stays the same, unfazed by the intimate contact, and she tries not to let his nonchalance get to her. But when the next fan comes along to take a picture with them, her eyes widen ever so slightly when she feels his warm hand on top of hers.

She lowers it to check if it was just an honest mistake.

It wasn't.

Because his hand follows hers all the way down.

With that, she moves forward with the exhilarating discovery that the attraction she feels is not one-sided as she previously thought.

She feels like a schoolgirl with a crush. His attention makes her feel giddy. His stare awakens the butterflies inside her stomach. And his smile... oh, his smile, along with those deep dimples, makes her melt every single time.

The photoshoot that afternoon calls for sexy and sultry. Less smiles, more smolder. They are professionals and they execute each shot to perfection. The hot main leads of a new crime thriller about to hit theaters nationwide.

And then, the photographer requests for more close up shots, which means a lot more touching than they have ever done in front of a camera.

He follows the photographer's instructions, placing his arm over her shoulder and murmuring under his breath, only for her to hear, "Tell me if you're uncomfortable."

She responds by leaning against him, the action speaking for itself. She focuses on the cameras flashing wildly instead of her heart racing, thankful that she cannot see his face because she feels flushed.

He comes closer, his hand dropping further until the fold of his arm rests on her shoulder. She turns her head slightly, feeling his breath, his lips on her temple and wondering how she can get even.

The opportunity comes when they have him sitting on a stool with his back facing her. She rests her chin on his shoulder, keeping her breathing even despite her wanting to breathe him in. He smells so good that it should be criminal.

She makes herself comfortable as she rests on him before releasing a little noise of satisfaction, a sound that drives all the men crazy when they hear it.

It makes him shiver. She smirks in triumph.

When she poses for her solo shots, she can feel his stare on her. The tension between them seem to have reached an all-time high after such an eventful day. And she wonders if he is going to do something about it.

He does.

While they are getting ready to leave the venue, he walks up to her. Perfection personified in dark jeans and a white shirt. She pretends to be busy, turning her back on him and fixing her things, and hears him clear his throat before asking her.

"Are you free to have dinner with me tonight?"

She smiles.