Chapter 2

People from both of the Eras sat comfortably as the tables were turned into couches. Belladonna was sitting with Luna Lovegood and some first year.

The scene opens to a street on Private Drive. It showed the house with the number 4 on it. A man appeared on the corner where a cat had been watching. He walked over to the street so silently you'd have thought he'd just popped out of the ground. The cat's tail twitched, and its eyes narrowed.

"Minnie!" The marauders shouted. The professor's eyes rolled, but she held a smile.

Nothing like this man had ever been seen on Privet Drive. He was tall, thin, and very old, judging by the silver of his hair and beard, which were both long enough to tuck into his belt. He was wearing long robes, a purple cloak that swept the ground, and high-heeled, buckled boots. His blue eyes were light, bright, and sparkling behind half-moon spectacles, and his nose was very long and crooked, as though it had been broken at least twice. This man's name was Albus Dumbledore. Albus Dumbledore didn't seem to realize that he had just arrived in a street where everything from his name to his boots was unwelcome. He was busy rummaging in his cloak, looking for something. He chuckled and muttered, "I should have known." He found what he was looking for in his inside pocket. It seemed to be a silver cigarette lighter. He flicked it open, held it up in the air, and clicked it. The nearest street lamp went out with a little pop.

"Man, I want one!" Sirius said, Peter took it out and wrote it down. Only Belladonna noticed, but she smiled. It seemed like they came from before Peter started to distance himself from the rest.

He clicked it again – the next lamp flickered into darkness. "Fancy seeing you here, Professor McGonagall." He turned to smile at the tabby cat, but it had gone. Instead, he was smiling at a rather severe-looking woman. She, too, was wearing a cloak, an emerald one. Her black hair was drawn into a tight bun. She looked distinctly ruffled.

"How did you know it was me?" she asked.

"My dear Professor, I've never seen a cat sit so stiffly."

"You'd be stiff if you'd been sitting on a brick wall all day," said Professor McGonagall.

"All day? When you could have been celebrating? I must have passed a dozen feasts and parties on my way here." Professor McGonagall sniffed angrily.

The people from the Marauder Era wondered what the celebration was for. While Belladonna and Mattheo are saddened. The day when Bella lost both of her parents and Mattheo had to live without his dad.

"Oh yes, everyone's celebrating, all right," she said impatiently. "You'd think they'd be a bit more careful, but no– even the Muggles have noticed something's going on. It was on their news." She jerked her head back at the Dursley's dark living room window. "I heard it. The flock of owls...shooting stars...Well, they're not completely stupid. They were bound to notice something. Shooting stars down in Kent – I'll bet that was Dedalus Diggle. He never had much sense." 

"You can't blame them," said Dumbledore gently. "We've had precious little to celebrate for eleven years." 

She threw a sharp, sideways glance at Dumbledore here, as though hoping he was going to tell her something, but he didn't, so she went on. "A fine thing it would be if, on the very day You-Know-Who seems to have disappeared at last, the Muggles found out about us all. I suppose he has gone, Dumbledore?" 

"It certainly seems so," said Dumbledore. "We have much to be thankful for. Would you care for a lemon drop?"

"A what?" Many people asked. "It's a muggle candy," Hermione stated with her nose in the air. Her ego and pride grew bigger knowing something even the Ravenclaw house didn't.