Chapter 3

Nearly ten years had passed since the Dursleys had woken up to find their nephew and niece on the front step, but Privet Drive had hardly changed at all. The sun rose on the same tidy front gardens and lit up the brass number four on the Dursleys' front door; it crept into their living room, which was almost exactly the same as it had been on the night when Mr. Dursley had seen that fateful news report about the owls. Only the photographs on the mantelpiece really showed how much time had passed. Dudley Dursley was no longer a baby, and now the photographs showed a large blond boy riding his first bicycle, on a carousel at the fair, playing a computer game with his father, being hugged and kissed by his mother. The room held no sign at all that other children lived in the house, too.

"See! That's why I don't want my children to EVER be raise my petunia when she is with Vernon." Lily said, James and Peter grabbing her arms so she wouldn't attack anyone. Theodore and Mattheo chuckled, now they know where their Belladonna got her short-temper from.

Yet Harry and Belladonna Potter was still there, asleep at the moment, but not for long. His Aunt Petunia was awake and it was her shrill voice that made the first noise of the day. "Up! Get up! Now!" Harry woke with a start. His aunt rapped on the door again. "Up!" she screeched. Harry heard her walking toward the kitchen and then the sound of the frying pan being put on the stove. He rolled onto his back and tried to remember the dream he had been having. It had been a good one. There had been a flying motorcycle in it. He had a funny feeling he'd had the same dream before. His aunt was back outside the door. "Are you up yet?" she demanded. "Nearly," said Harry.

"Bella, where are you?" George asked. "You'll see." Belladonna said sadly.

"Well, get a move on, I want you to look after the bacon. And don't you dare let it burn, I want everything perfect on Duddy's birthday." Harry groaned in annoyance, Belladonna is the girl, she should make sure their Duddy's birthday. "What did you say?" his aunt snapped through the door. "Nothing, nothing..."

"Okay, I'm sure I didn't raise my son to have a mindset like that about girls." James said. "Trust me, you didn't. That's just how pottah thinks." Draco said. Lucius scowling at his son for even talking to blood traitors.

Dudley's birthday - how could he have forgotten? Harry got slowly out of bed and started looking for socks. When he was dressed he went down the hall into the kitchen. The table was almost hidden beneath all Dudley's birthday presents. It looked as though Dudley had gotten the new computer he wanted, not to mention the second television and the racing bike. Exactly why Dudley wanted a racing bike was a mystery to Harry, Dudley's favorite punching bag was Harry, but he couldn't often catch him. Harry didn't look it, but he was very fast.

'and you use me as a get away.' Belladonna mentally said. The others could feel her emotions through the bond. They always wondered what her life was before Hogwarts but she always refused to answer any related questions to family. Beside her uncles and aunts that weren't family by blood.

Harry looked skinnier than he really was because all he had to wear were old clothes of Dudley's, and Dudley was about four times bigger than he was. Harry had a thin face, knobbly knees, messy black hair, and bright green eyes.

"Looks like Harry got James hair problems." Sirius commented. The Gryffindor tabled laughed when they got a good look. The two looked very similar. The only different thing we're the eye colors. And I bit of the face structure.

He wore round glasses held together with a lot of Scotch tape. The only thing Harry liked about his own appearance was a very thin scar on his forehead that was shaped like a bolt of lightning. He had had it as long as he could remember, and the first question he could ever remember asking his Aunt Petunia was how he had gotten it. But all she told him was that 'they died in a car crash'. Uncle Vernon entered the kitchen as Harry was turning over the bacon. "Comb your hair!" he barked, by way of a morning greeting.