Chapter 9

As Belladonna strolled through Daigon's Alley, her intuition guided her in multiple directions. She felt a strong magical connection to a nearby store called Madam Malkin's, where she needed new robes for her upcoming year at Hogwarts. However, upon approaching the entrance, she noticed her brother was inside and decided to delay her visit for another time.

"This is when Bella met Matheo met for the first time. He wouldn't shut up after they met her." Pansy told Lucius, Narcissa, and Thomas. Regulus listenedcarefully to their conversation. After all Belladonna was his niece through blood adoption.

"What are you up to?" A voice came from behind Belladonna. Belladonna shrieked at the sudden voice from behind her. Belladonna turned and saw a boy around her age. He had curly dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, tan skin, and a slim, but muscular build. Belladonna observed small and faint scars scattered here and there. Where did he get those from? "It's you." He spoke. His eyes lit up with awe. "I'm Matheo Riddle."

"Belladonna."

"No last name?" Matheo asked, curious why she only gave him her first name.

"No, I do I'm just ... I just don't want people to know about my last name until Hogwarts. The word travels fast." Belladonna pointed out, hoping that it was true as she had no idea what the wizarding world network was like. 

"I remember when you were worried about our reaction to finding out you share the same name as Pottah over there," Draco recalled. Belladonna smiled softly and chuckled. "Yeah, I avoided you all for a month, didn't I?" The soulmates shared a laugh. 

"They're good together," Lily noted. Though the boys hesitated to admit it, Lily was right - they could sense the love emanating from the couple.

"I understand. Do you need any assistance with gathering your supplies?" Matheo inquired, hoping to spend more time with his new love interest.

"I don't want to be a burden," Belladonna replied, although her inner magic urged her to spend more time with her mate.

"Nonsense. You're one of my mates," Matheo reassured her, taking the lead to accompany Belladonna to the necessary shops and even an additional one for magical cases since she couldn't manage everything alone.

"Now that we've completed our task, would you mind sharing a bit about yourself?" Belladonna asked.

"We are not done; you still need your wand and robes." Matheo pointed out.

"Fine, we aren't done with getting my things. but please tell me about yourself. I'll tell you things about me too." belladonna said as she and Matheo went back to Madam Malkin's.

"Okay, okay." Matheo said, smiling at her. "My family is just me and my dad, but he is on a mission of some kind, so I live with my godparents who are the parents to another soulmate. My dad was in Slytherin and I'm hoping for that house too. It's just the house for me.I always prefer snakes over lions." Matheo said as they walked closer. "Now that I've told you about me, it's your turn."

"Well, you know my name.I have a twin brother, but we aren't close. Even before we learned about our magical heritage," Belladonna said. They were now standing outside the wand shop. "I was raised by my muggle relatives. They weren't that," Belladonna paused, trying to find the right word. "... nice, but my aunt and cousin were at least considerate to me. When the rest were out one day, I ran away. I only learned about my magic through my mother's letters. I even found out they're alive and out there, just in a coma somewhere." Belladonna said.

The easy part was heading to the shop and getting her robes, but when someone called Matheo, He had to leave. "Matheo Riddle! Young man get over here this instant!" yelled a man with long pale blonde hair.

"That's my godfather. I have to leave." Matheo said, sadden because he had to leave her so soon. Even if they only spent the last half an hour together.

"I'll see you at school." Belladonna said, waving a see you later. Matheo left the shop and Madam Malkin handed her the robes.

Upon arriving at Ollivander's, Belladonna encountered an elderly man who stood before her with bright, pale eyes that shone like moons in the dim light of the shop. "Ah, Belladonna Potter. Your brother has just left with his wand. With your mother's hair and those unmistakable eyes, I recognize you immediately," he spoke in a gentle tone.

"Did you know my mother? What about my fathers?" Belladonna inquired.

"Your mother possessed a ten-and-a-quarter-inch willow wand that was exceptionally suited for charm work. Your father, on the other hand, favored a pliable mahogany wand that was eleven inches long and had a little more power, making it ideal for transfiguration," the old man replied.

Sirius quipped, "Well, this is quite ironic." Remus and Peter exchanged grins as they noticed the similarity in their wands, although not identical.

After trying out a few different wands, Belladonna finally found the perfect match on her fifth attempt. Her chosen wand was made of Willow wood, had a Dragon heartstring core, measured 11 and a quarter inch, and was pliable. "Your wand is incredibly powerful," Ollivander commented. "It must be a perfect fit for you." Belladonna paid for her wand and left the shop feeling thrilled with her purchase. After calculating the money she had left, she realized that she had enough to pay back Tom. As she looked forward to starting school and being sorted, Belladonna couldn't help but smile.

+~+~+~+~+~+~+

"I'm sure you did great during your first four years at Hogwarts," Remus commented, smiling at his daughter Belladonna. 

However, Harry interrupted with an accusation, "She's the mate of not one, but five snakes! Death Eaters, no less!"

Ron added, "Once a snake, always a snake."

Molly was quick to rebuke her son, "RONALD WEASLEY, that's enough!"

Belladonna reassured her magical given mother, "It's alright mama, they can say whatever they want. I don't pay any attention to people like them." She didn't notice Lily's disapproving expression when she referred to Molly as "mama".

"How dare you call us 'nobodies'! Harry is the famous 'Boy Who Lived', Hermione is the brightest witch of our age, and I'm one of the bravest Gryffindors in our year!" Ginny retorted indignantly.

"Oh please, do you really know what truly happened that night?"

Hermione passionately declared, "We have all the evidence we need! The dark lord didn't just murder Harry's parents, he has killed countless others as well. His ultimate goal is to eradicate Muggleborns, and that includes Muggles too!" Unfortunately, the Slytherins, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw students were dismissive and rolled their eyes. However, little did they know that Hermione's insights were spot-on. The true intentions of the dark lord were to divide the muggle world from the wizarding world. Thomas felt uneasy and tried not to give himself away. Meanwhile, Belladonna smirked and approached Hermione, ready to make her move.