Chapter 2

Family meetings.

Most of the time was for stupid things like Emmett fighting bears in daylight or Alice balancing of the side of the bridge. But this time it was over Jasper. It wasn't over something stupid. It was because Jasper had lost control.

He almost killed Bella.

He was sitting at the dinner table wringing his hands together. He didn't need his ability to feel the tension in the room. Rosalie was standing by him like a guardian, daring anyone to even look his way. Edward had taken Bella home once Carlisle had stitched her up. Emmett had gone to fill Willow in and let her know that Jasper would not be by later.

They returned at the same time and Jasper could see the anger on Edwards face. At first it seemed like they were both going to just stare at each other in silence. Until Edward pounced forward. He didn't make it to Jasper though. Rosalie caught him by the throat and tossed him back into Carlisle's arms.

"Let's talk about this like we're civilized." Esme half yelled with her finger pointed in Edwards face.

"Alright... Let's talk." Edward straightened out his clothes taking a few steps towards the table.

"Don't." Rosalie spat, freeze Edward in his tracks. Emmett moved to stand behind Jasper's chair.

"Rose.." Carlisle warned but Rosalie didn't waver.

"That's it." Esme sighed. "Everyone, sit down around the table and let's talk this out like a family." When no one moved her patience wore thin. "Now."

The others quickly found a seat at the table. Rosalie and Emmett sat on either of Jasper, Rosalie's guard still on high alert. Edward sat straight across from Jasper with his expressionless. Jasper was struggling to find his words under the guilt he was swimming in.

"Edward, I- I'm sorry." Jasper half choked on the words.

"You could have killed her." Edward's eyes narrowed. "And all you can say is sorry?" Edward smacked his hand on the table and Jasper felt his guilt turn to anger.

"What do you want from me Edward?" Jasper tossed his hands up in the air. "I realized I messed up. Okay? I fucked up badly. I'm sorry." His anger turned into desperation. "I'll do anything to make this better."

"Do you really want to fix this?" Edward asked with his brow raised.

"Of course."

"Edward. No." Alice protested and placed her small hand on EEdwards arm but he didn't spare her glance.

"Then we leave." Edward spoke the words with surety but Jasper could feel his pain.

"Excuse me?" Roslaie spoke before Jasper could, her head tilting to the side. "Your plan is for you and Jasper just to leave?"

"No." Edwards' sad eyes were still locked on Jasper.

"He means, we're all leaving." Alice's normal happy tone was gone. "We're leaving Forks for good."

"Absolutely not."

"I don't want to leave."

"I don't think that's the way to solve this."

Rosalie, Emmett, and Carlisle all protested at the same time. The floor felt like it fell out from under Jasper, his unbeaten heart breaking.

"I can't leave Willow." Jasper whispered his eyes dropping from Edwards.

"Leaving is our only option." Edward sounded certain.

"That's bullshit." Rosalie rolled her eyes.

"Rose." Esme scolded.

"Bella could've died tonight." The words made Jasper flinch byt Edward continued. "That's on me. I brought her into this life."

"That's a weird way to look at it." Emmett propped his head up on his hand.

"What I'm trying to say is, the best thing for Bella is if we leave." Edward clarified. A deafening silence fell around the entire room.

"What about Willow?" Jasper questioned.

"It's what's best for her too." Edward sounded so sure that Jasper was starting to think that he might have a point.

"I don't know..." Alice's eyes seemed to become distant, a vision over taking her.

"What a second. We're leaving because of an accident?" Rosalie scoffed.

"She could have died." Edwarded countered.

"It was a papercut." Rosalie laid her arms on the table, her eyes becoming bored. "You're the one that made it worse."

"Pointing the blame isn't going to help." Alice quietly stated.

"Oh shut up Alice." Rosalie rolled her eyes and Esme sighed in annoyance.

"Alright. Everyone needs to calm down." Esme stated in a motherly tone. "We will hear everyone out."

"Leaving is the best thing we can do." Edward's voice was level and calm. "Bella is in danger as long as we're around."

"Willow?" Emmett asked.

"Obviously. Think back to what happened during spring break." Edward glanced at Jasper before continuing. "To be frank Willow is probably in more danger. Considering you are The Soldier."

"I swear to god. I'll -" Rosalie started to rise out of her seat.

"He has a point." Jasper spoke barely above a whisper.

"Jasper, you can't be serious." Emmett twisted his head to stare at his brother.

"I'm the one that created this mess. If leaving will fix it." Jasper took a deep breath and rose from his seat. "If it keeps Willow safe then that is what we have to do."

"Wait a second." Rosalie tried to call his attention back but he was already out of the room. "So we don't get a say in this?"

"Nope. They wont let us." Alice stated coldly. "They've made up their minds."

"This is the right thing." Edward sounded like he was assuring himself. "It is the only way to make things right." Edward then rose from his seat and walked out of the room.

"So we're leaving because Edward feels guilty?" Emmett turned to look at Carlisle and Esme. "I don't want to leave."

"We have to respect your brother's decisions." Carlisle stood behind Esme's chair, his hands tightly gripping the wood.

"So we're going to act like Edward didn't guilt Jasper into this?" Anger poured out Rosalie's words.

"There's nothing we can do. They've made their choice." Alice looked down at her hands and then back at her family. "We have three days to pack up. Edward wants us to cut off all contact."

Alice then left the room. Silence fell over the other four members of the family. There was nothing left to say or do at this point.