Chapter 8

The month of November passed by faster than the past two months

The month of November passed by faster than the past two months. Willow stayed out of the house as much as she could trying to avoid the loneliness she felt. She tried to never think about Jasper; it was harder than she would admit. Not a day went by where she didn't think about him. Some days were just easier.

She bounced from school to work to the Rez. She spent most of her time with pack and Koda. She learned a lot about them and bonded with them. Her and Paul were closer than ever. Willow swore that every time she saw him was as if some invisible string snapped inside her.

Koda and she had become more friendly with each other. He answered every question she ever had and sometimes showed off for her. His chest bubbled with warmth at the way he would look at her sometimes. She knew the feeling, but she wouldn't dare speak it. She vowed to never feel that way for anyone ever again.

Koda was a certified heartbreaker and a class A flirt. Willow knew better than to fall for any of it but when her pencil moved in her sketchbook, she found herself drawing him from memory.   She could help but blush when he met hers or when their hugs seemed to linger. 

Leah called her crazy for not going for it. Told her to "fuck Jasper and move on" and Willow wanted to. But there was a part of her heart that she would never be able to erase her love for Jasper. How can someone love two people? Is that even possible if one is gone? Willow didn't know.

"Happy birthday." Charlie's voice snapped Willow out of the trance she had fallen into while sketching.  She looked up to see him in the doorway with a yellow wrapped gift in his hands.

"You didn't have to get me anything." Willow smiled and tossed her sketchbook on the desk  and rose to her feet.

"Of course, I did. It's not every day my kiddo turns 18." He smiled brightly and handed the gift to her. Willow sat down on the edge of her bed and ripped the paper off with little grace. It was a black leather zipped up and when she opened, she smiled. It was a 50-piece charcoal and graphite kit for her sketches.

"I love it." Willow jumped back up and wrapped her arms around her uncle's neck. "Thank you."

"Any big plans today?" Charlie asked when they pulled apart. Willow shrugged and walked over to set her gift on her desk.

"Nope."

"You do now." Koda's voice rang out from the doorway of her room. She looked past her uncle to see him leaning against the frame with a smirk. His long hair was pulled back from his face. He wore a Queen shirt that looked worn from wear and jeans with rips. A black leather jacket that covered the tattoos on his neck and He wore his faithful rings and silver chain.

"You let him up here?" Willow shifted her eyes to Charlie.

"He's persistent." Charlie shrugged with a grin under his mustache.

"Get dressed doll, we have a busy day ahead of us." Koda smirked and shot her a wink. 

Twenty minutes later Willow was dressed and ready to go but unsure of where she was going. Koda drove Sam's car since Charlie would never allow Willow on a motorcycle. They drove into Port Angeles with just the radio playing and Koda smoking the occasional cigarette. When they pulled into the parking lot of the roller rink Willow's face lit up.