Chapter 17

"You'll find them in the alleyway beside the church

"You'll find them in the alleyway beside the church.They are being lured in for the Volturi's meal."

Willow ran through the crowd in a dead sprint, ignoring the cruses as she pushed her way past people. The church was visible but still felt like a river was blocking her path. Her feet pounded into the ground and her lungs burned but she kept running. Her thoughts were moving a mile a minute as she worried about her friends.

What would happen if she didn't make it in time?

What  would she do if she lost her best friends?

She rounded the corner of the church out of breath and spotted a line of people being led by a woman. Willow quickly scanned the line until she spotted her.

"Maggie! Maggie!" Willow yelled out and sprinted to her friend who looked confused. 

"Willow? What are you doing here?" Maggie asked and hugged the red head. Willow shook her head and pulled back from her with her hands on Maggie's shoulders.

"Where's Marshall and Maya?" Willow demanded.

"Right over there. We're a part of this tour group." Maggie smiled and gestured to her siblings who were two people down the line talking to each other. Willow grabbed Maggie's hand and dragged her to her siblings.

"Marshall! Maya! Come with me." Willow tried to usher them away from the tour group.

"What is going on?" Marshall asked.

"Please just come with me." Willow was half begging now. 

"You three get back in line!" The one yelled in a cheerful voice and almost immediately the James triplets got back in line.

"We're going to miss the tour." Maya tried to explain to Willow but the redhead was starting to get annoyed. She had to get the three of them out of the line and she had to do it fast.

"Come with me now." Willow  grabbed Maggie's hand and tried pulling her out of the line. Upon a closer glance Willow noticed her friend's eyes were glossed over. "Maggie, listen to me." Willow quickly pulled her last resort and smacked Maggie across the face.   

"What the hell was that for?" Maggie exclaimed and cupped her face.

"You were in a trance."Willow desperately tried explaining.  "Marshall and Maggie are in one too."

Maggie quickly smacked her sister while Willow smacked Marshall.

"Jesus." Marshall grumbled.

"What the fuck?" Maya smacked her sister back.

"We have to get out of here." Willow ushered them to follow her.

"How did you know?" Maggied grabbed her sister's hand and pulled her to follow behind Willow and Marshall.

"Alice told me." Willow wasted no time getting them to opening of the alleyway.  "You need to get out of here." 

"Wait, what the hell is going on?" Maya demanded.

"I'll explain everything later but you need to get out of here now." 

"What about you?" Marshall turned back to look at Willow and they emerged back into the sea of red.

"I can't leave. I have to find Bella." Willow stated and glanced behind her to see the woman from earlier coming up behind them.

"Come to our hotel later." Maggie made eye contact with Willow, a silent promise forming between them.

"I will. Just get out of here."  She pushed her friend away and watched as the three of them disappeared into the crowd.

"Excuse me miss, would you like a tour of the undergrounds of the city?" The woman was now beside Willow with a wide smile on her face. It was clear to Willow that she was some form of magic, a vampire if she had to guess.

"No thank you." Willow quickly stepped away from her and joined the crowd. She took three steps before a hand landed on her shoulder. She turned around to meet Alice's sunglasses-covered eyes.

"Alice." Willow breathed a sigh of relief.

"You did it." Alice smiled and handed over a red cloak.   "Here put this on."

"Why?" Willow questioned but slipped the cloak on anyways.

"You'll blend in better. I have to go help Bella and Edward. The Volturi may send someone after you."

"What? Why?" Willow asked as Alice slipped the hood up over Willow's head.

"Because they know you're with us." Alice explained.  "Your scent is all over us."

"You're just going to leave me?"  Willow protested as a random person bumped into her. 

"I have to help Bella and Edward. I'll find you again I promise." Alice squeezed Willow's hand in reassurance. Willow nodded in agreement and watched as Alice disappeared into the crowd.

Willow fell into the flow of the crowd and did her best to blend when a vision of the past appeared next to her.

"You know, blending in is not something you're good at." Alex looked the same as he did the last time she saw him and his voice sounded as patronizing as before.

"You're not helping." Willow snapped back all while understanding she was talking to no one. 

"Talking to me will only make you stand out more." Alex reminded her. "Remember, trust no one."

"Remind me to have Koda heal my mind when we get home." Willow whispered and accidently bumped into another random woman. 

"If we get home."  Alex stepped in front of her and walked backwards while facing her.  "I adore how you've embraced me."

"Not embraced. I still hate you." Willow spat, earning a few stares from people beside her. She waved her hand into the vision of him and watched as he disappeared. The crowd stopped moving so she did too and joined the celebration.

She was unsure how long she stood there listening to the cheers before a large cold hand landed on her shoulders.

"There you are. I've been looking everywhere for you."  A deep voice with an accent cut through the cheering.

"Who are you?" Willow spoke with a calm tone as her eyes stayed focused ahead of her. 

"Someone you shouldn't try to fight." He whispered in her ear.  "Your scent is intoxicating."

"Let me go." Willow demanded knowing that the words fell on deaf ears.

"I can't do that. I have my orders." The vampire spoke sweetly as he threatened her. "Hold my hand and smile. Or I could snap your neck right now." Reluctantly she slipped her hand into his cold one and let him guide her through the crowd.   

"Where are you taking me?" Willow smiled at a passer by as her heart beat so fast it felt like it would break her rib cage.

"With the others. To meet the Volturi."

End of Book 3