chapter twelve

Billy woke up groaning, the sun shining through his window being too much light for his eyes to handle as he rubbed them, whining slightly when he realised he had lost his pacifier in the sheets.

Flipping them around until he heard the plastic piece fall on the ground, he got out of bed to pick it up, sighing as he realised he had an accident in his sleep again. It didn't matter too much since he wore diapers at night even if he wasn't little to avoid exactly that, but waking up to a wet diaper when your mind is 18 years old wasn't exactly the boy's favourite feeling in the whole world.

He quickly took off the protective gear, tossing it into the trash and putting on clean boxers after wiping himself down.
After that, he got out of his room, making his way to the bathroom to take a shower and brush his teeth.
Billy had work today, so he had to hurry up to get to the pool for his shift.

Though the other lifeguards weren't necessarily strict on the shifts, he promised Max he would drive her and the group to the pool today so they could be the first to swim there before the other parents and kids arrived.

When Billy was done getting ready, he threw on some shorts and a shirt he had laying around, since he would change at the pool anyway it didn't really matter.
Just as he got done, there was a knock on the door and Max's head appeared after he hummed to signalise her to come in.

„Morning Bills, how'd you sleep?" she smiled, eyes going around his room as if she was looking for something.
„Alright I guess. Is something the matter?" Billy asked in return, and the redhead quickly shook her head no.

„Just checking, your paci is on the bed still."
Billy quickly put the pacifier back into his littlespace box, pushing it back under the bed and turning around.
„Ready to pick up your monsters?"

„Don't call them that!" Max laughed, but she nodded and left the room, Billy close behind her.
Max grabbed a bag she must had packed the day before and headed outside.

They got to the car, and Billy lit a cigarette as he rolled the windows down, starting the car and putting on some music.
„So, how long do you guys want to stay?" he asked while manoeuvring the car out of the driveway and pushed down on the gas pedal.

„We were thinking until your shift ends, and then you can maybe drive us over to Steve's? The guys are hosting a D&D campaign there and El and I want to hang out with them. You can come too if you want? I'm sure Steve would love to see you again" Max replied, ignoring Billy's eye roll at the last part. He hadn't spoken to the other guy since he had been over at their house when he was small, simply because there hadn't been a chance for him to do so. Billy was busy at the pool, and Steve worked at Starcourt, so naturally they didn't see each other a whole lot.

But Max was right, it would be nice to see him again, he'd still have to thank the other for taking care of him that weekend.
„Sure, I can tag along I guess" he agreed, pulling up at the Wheelers house, which was their first stop.
Will and Mike were already waiting outside, and got in the car in no time, greeting Max energetically, and waving to Billy shyly.

His sister laughed, turning around to face the boys while Billy focused on the road.
„He's not going to bite you, morons!"
The guys quickly apologised and approached another attempt.

„Hey Billy, thanks for driving us" Will said, and Mike nodded.
Said blond looked at them through the mirror, before chuckling slightly.
„No worries, Max would've killed me if I didn't."

Just like they did with the two boys, they picked up El from the cabin, meeting Lucas and Dustin at their destination as they lived closest and there only fitted so many people inside the car.