Chapter 1

Geez, that part.

I always had trouble after becoming the Ghost Rider, always searching for the normality I lost.

And that experience...made it even worse.

Anyway, back to the topic. So, I just left Temen-ni-gru and reached Krimson City.

Well, useless to say I was in a hurry, since I only had two days to go back in Japan and enroll Hakoniwa Academy.

An impossible task, I know.

Unfortunately, it was two days since I had a meal, and half demon or not I couldn't lose breakfast.

So after I reached the city, I went in the first bar I found and took a cup of tea and a chocolate croissant.

And that's where it began.

Ghost Rider:'You're sure taking your time for being in a hurry.'

Me:'Shut up. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I was starving.'

Ghost Rider:'Yeah yeah...'

As if things weren't bad enough, the radio was playing 'War' of 'The Poets of the Fallen', and I loved their songs.

Most of them remind me the time I spent with Roxanne, and though they only give me pain I just can't stop listening.

That part, mostly.

Radio:*🎵When I thought that I fought this war alone
You were there by my side on the frontline
When I thought that I fought without a cause
You gave me a reason to try🎵*

The music got briefly interrupted when a Police car passed by.

Barman:"Another one? It seems today's quite a ruckus."

One of the other clients began to laugh, half drunk.

Man:"What did you expected? That's what you get for having a bar so close to that madhouse!"

Everyone joined the laugh but the barman.

Barman:"Sure, laugh, laugh as you want! Ah-ah-ah. I want to see you laughing when I'll stop giving you credit!"

Everybody froze and focused on their orders.

Bartman:"As I thought."

Anyway, as I finished my meal so did the song.

Radio:*And this is it with The Poets of the Fallen, ladies and gentlemen! Now, the weather. We expect today be a beautiful, sunny, d-*

Suddendly, the voice got distorted and the radio emitted a loud screeching, as of an interference.

I covered my ear unable to handle it, but to my surprise I noticed all the others didn't care.

It was like they weren't listening.

When the barman noticed me, he was even confused.

Barman:"Hey sonny, are you ok?"

It was obvious something was wrong, so I lied.

Me:"Y-Yes, it's just...a migraine, that's all. I...I need some fresh...where's the toilet."

Barman:"Right over there, at the end of the corridor."

I quickly thanked him and hurried to the toilet.

After a few seconds, that sound stopped and I could finally take a breath.

Me:"My head...it was almost like it was trying to pierce it. What was that?"

I gave a look in the mirror, hoping to find a reply.

Me:"It seems nobody else in that room heard that, only me. Do you think there's a reason?"

However, I was met with silence.

Me:"...Ghost? Are you listening?"

Still no reply.

Me:"What, can't even help with a question outside your secret? Fine, I'll figure it out on my own."

I left the toilet and rushed to the counter.

Me:"Look, I need to run. Could you just give me..."

When I looked up, there was no one in the bar.

Me:"...my check..."

I looked around, but it was like there was nobody at all. Even a sign of someone being there.

Me:"This is odd...what happened?"

Then a small quake hit the bar.

Me:"I don't like this, what's going on here!?"

I rushed to the exit hoping to find an answer, but I only found more questions.

The city was in ruin. Building collapsing, broken roads and no sign of a living soul anywhere I looked.

Me:"What the Hell is this!? It's not been even a minute!"

However, I didn't have time to investigate further.

The buildings were starting to fall, and it was a matter of time before I'd be crashed under one of them.

Me:"Shit, I'll figure it out later! I've got to get out of here!"

I jumped on my bike and went away at high speed.

During the run, I looked all around to find something, anything that could tell me what happened to the city.

Me:"Is it a consequence of that Hell gate's opening? What do you say, this is your field."

But once again, the only thing I got was silence.

Me:"What's wrong with you now!? I need you to give me advice! Why aren't you-"

But I got distracted.

I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't notice the curve.

I crashed against the fence of wood and fell from the cliff.

Me:"Damn it! That's what I get for losing focus! I'd better move before-"

But there was a problem.

I called for my chains to catch a tree and go back on the road.

Nothing so big after what I've been through, right.

But they didn't appear.

Me:"...What?"

I then reached for my shotgun, or the sword, only to touch my back.

Finally, I tried to transformed, convinced it was just Ghost's doing.

But it wasn't.

The ground was getting close.

A normal human would break a leg at best, and die at worst.

That said, I wasn't a normal human.

I was 'special'.

I was 'the only one of my kind'.

I was the Ghost Rider.

But the ground was right below me.

And I somehow lost my powers.

Everything around be disappeared, leaving only darkness.