Chapter 6

After closing the door, I rushed to the doctor side.

Me:"So, what's the plan now?"

Jimenez:"We need to find a place where we can hide, this place isn't safe."

Me:"That was obvious..."

He went to the stairs, but before I followed him I gave a look at the kitchen.

I found a big knife and took it with me.

It wasn't an ideal weapon, but it was better than nothing.

Me:"Anyway doctor, I believe there's something you're not telling."

Jimenez:"In what regards?"

Me:"About how this thing started. You said something happened to the asylum you worked in. What was it?"

I didn't know if he would have answered, but I had to try.

Jimenez:"...Well, you seem smart. Even your brother was-"

Me:"Hesnotmybrother."

Jimenez:"What? Oh, I see. Anyway, about the Beacon...how can I say? A patient began a riot."

Me:"A riot?"

Jumped:"It happened fast. The patients attacked each other and the doctors. I managed to get away and reached Leslie. I couldn't let him be part of that."

Me:"You don't say..."

I gave a look at the room and made a sign to the doc it was free.

Me:"And do you know wich patient he was?"

I noticed him hesitating. He knew way more.

Jimenez:"I guess...you can say it was a patient of mine. His name is Ruvik."

Me:"And did he never seem to be...odd? Like, did he do some unnatural things?"

Jimenez:"Unnatural? I'm afraid I'm not sure of what you mean."

And I wasn't sure how to put it either, but luck came to me (for once)

Jimenez:"Oh, you mean if he has ever shown the sign of a quirk? No, I can guarantee that physically he's normal."

I was lost for a moment, but then I remembered my meeting with P. He also used that word, and I assumed it was another way to describe super powers.

Me:"So that's how it is. But how is it linked to this zombie spreading?"

Jimenez:"I've no idea. Oh, there's a trap-door up there. Care to give me a hand?"

Me:"No big deal."

By using a bed and a wardrobe we managed to climb and the doctor came up.

Jimenez:"Ah, this might be a good spot for us. Come closer, I'll pull you up"

Me:"...Nah, you stay safe up there, I have some creature to get rid of."

Jimenez:"Wha-you can't be serious, you're just a teenager!"

Me:"Trust me, I've dealed with much worse."

That said, when I did I had demonic power that could make me a living armageddon.

It was rather weird to finally have what I tried to take back: my humanity.

It was like something was ripped away from me.

I should have been happy, but it felt...wrong.

And I was so lost in thought I almost didn't notice the hissing behind me.