Chapter 8

I suppose I can guess what you're thinking at this point.

'Is this guy on drugs?'

I guess anyone who'd read this stuff would think the same.

Well try to imagine how the guy who's writing it (that'd be me) feels.

Believe me, I wish this was all fake.

But it isn't, it's just my everyday life now.

Anyway, back to the point.

I felt some liquid dropping on my face as I slowly rose up.

Me:"Geez, I have enough of blacking out..."

Vengeance:"Oh, you woke up at last. Was wondering if I had to shake you off."

I didn't even turn to him, trying to focus.

Me:"How long was I out?"

Vengeance:"Eh, don't know. 10 minutes? 10 MONTHS😉?"

Me:"Sure, as if I could be out that long..."

Vengeance:"Who knows, maybe SOMEONE needed a break or something."

Me:"What are you blabbing on about?"

Vengeance:"...Nothing..."

I never understood him completely.

Me:"Whatever. Where did we end up to?"

Vengeance:"Behind the bars. But don't worry, we should get out soon."

Me:"Behind what now?"

Then I finally looked around. We were in a small prison, and rather old even.

There was even a WC next the wall.

Vengeance was kneeled down in front of the door, tinkering with the keyhole.

Me:"Do you even know how to open a lock?"

Vengeance:"Hey, this thing takes time! It's not that easy as they show it in tv, you must be slow and steady, careful to every move you make so that-"

I just stopped listening and tried to look around for sonething useful.

There my eyes laid on a familiar object: a rusty crowbar, laying on the ground.

I may not have said it, but back when I used to fight the burglars on my neighbourood, the crowbar was my favorite partner.

I grabbed it and with no hesitation I went to the door.

All it needed was a little push and because it was rather old it fell down.

Vengeance:"...Spoilsport. One tries to make a fine job, then he arrives and smash everything."

Me:"We don't have time for 'fine jobs', we need to get out of there as soon as we can."

Vengeance:"You know, there was a reason I was trying to open it slowly."

Me:"What would that be?"

Vengeance:"Them."

He pointed towards other cells. Suddendly many arms came out from within them.

Vengeance:"I was trying not to wake them up. At least they don't seem strong enough to get free."

At those words we could hear something slowly breaking.

Me:"Let's just not stay here for a confirm, shall we?"

Vengeance:"Agreed."

We dashed away trying to find a way out.

Vengeance:"And by the way: a crowbar? Pfff, so lame. Knives are way more creative."