Chapter 9

The place seemed in ruins from decades, and whenever we looked there was no trace of people.

Well, living people at least.

You know what was the worst part of being in an abandoned asylum?

Being there with the one I hated most.

I didn't care about the whole 'deal', after all we've been through I found hard to trust him.

Vengeance:"This place is even worse than Mount Massive, at least there were some nice guy there. But the doctor had some issues."

Me:"Do you never shut up?"

Vengeance:"Well sorry if I'm trying to keep the conversation going."

Me:"We aren't having a conversation."

Vengeance:"How do you call two guys talking to each other?"

Me:"Ok, you want to talk? How about you tell me how do you know of all these places you mentioned."

Vengeance:"...Because I've been there, duh."

Me:"Why?"

Vengeance:"Hey, you're not the only one who likes to travel around in different places slash worlds."

And that honestly caught my interest.

Me:"...Worlds, uh. So you've been in others beside those where I met you?"

Vengeance:"You bet! Mostly for job, since my boss can't go there himself, so I act as a 'delivery boy'. Though I do it for fun as well."

Me:"Yeah, I've seen the way you have 'fun'."

Vengeance:"There are many ways to enjoy life. Remind me to bring you in one of those drinking contests. Though I never win...stupid Sanchez, or Simpson."

I just couldn't understand wich parts were real and wich weren't. Maybe all of it, maybe none.

And yet, he seemed he was really having fun.

I couldn't help but thinking to the dream I had in Hekseville.

Me:"...Say-"

Vengeance:"Hey, take a look over here."

I followed his stare. There was a clean document with a red mark. It was like a star crossing with an half t.

Me:"...Do you recognize it?"

Vengeance:"No, but this say something about a certain STEM project. I bet all my money this is the cause."

Me:"Isn't a bit farfetched to assume it from a random document lying around?"

Vengeance:"Maybe, but in my experience these documents always reveal the truth, only for certain fools to casually read them without caring and finding out everything at the end with this 'OMG' face."

Me:"You sound a lot specific."

Vengeance:"Well I-"

Me:"Wait. Do you hear that?"

There was a weird noise of cracking around us.

We got closer, ready to fight.

Vengeance:"You know, maybe it's the ceiling that's collapsing."

Me:"No, not the ceiling...oh shit JUMP-"

Before we could react the ground collapsed and we fell on the lower level.

I fell on my shoulder, Vengeance on the back.

Vengeance:"Crap...I hate when it happens...you ok?"

Me:"Been better...but we have a problem..."