How to manage PR while not being stupid: a tutorial

HI! HELLO! ANNYEONG!
It....it's been a while hasn't it......I'M SORRY

Dudes, first I lost this account so thank you Wattpad for that, greatly appreciate it 😐 and THEN this semester my professors decided it was a good idea to finish with the lives of everyone in my class, istg I have never written so many papers in my fckn life asndja

BUT, anyways, here it is!!!!! ENJOY!

Park Dae-Un was, like everyone else, a K-pop fan. An avid one at that. She, like many others, bought album after album of her favourite groups. She got merch piece after merch piece with the faces of these men she had decided would be her future husbands...even when a couple of them were already married.

She knew every birthday, every personality type, every full name. Everything.

Okay, perhaps not everything.

She was still missing their phone numbers.

Now she, unlike many others, had actually seen these people in person. Face to face. And to her credit, she had not fainted. Granted, her job relied on her not fainting, but it was an achievement nonetheless.

She was, is, and plans on forever being a Public Relations Manager for SM Entertainment.

The dream job, in her opinion.

So, you may understand her surprise when she's awoken at stupidly unholy hours of the night with her phone ringing non-stop.

Pushing past her surprise, she answers the phone while turning on her bedside lamp and lets the voice of WayV's manager fill her ears. His voice sounded hoarse, weak as if he'd been running, and it immediately put her on edge.

What if something happened to one of the members?

What if someone broke into the dorms?

What if...

"I need you to put up a hiatus notice for Lucas," he says finally, stopping her train of thoughts.

Lucas?

It takes every ounce of self-control not to roll her eyes at the mention of the name.

"Why?" she asks, moving to lay down again.

There's silence at the other end of the line, and if Dae-un had less patience she would've hung up already. Alas, she doesn't; she sits there until the man's voice resonated through the speaker.

"Medical reasons," and well, if you ask her that sounds terribly suspicious.

Maybe it has something to do with the smoking scandal of a few months ago. Or perhaps he said something stupid to someone important...again.

"You're going to have to be more specific than that," she says. Her voice monotone.

"The higher-ups are already informed about the situation, you just have to announce the hiatus," his voice is now strong, impatient, determined...and she hates it.

The higher-ups though? For something as stupid as him? What in the world did he even get into?

Mysteries for later, she decides.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll post it in the morning, but-" she's cut by the sound of an ambulance and hushed crying on the other side of the line, "wha-" the line goes dead, the call stops at the same time the crying does and she's left with the feeling that she's just watched a horror movie before going to sleep.