Chapter 5

Now that they were ready, Batman and Robin burst through the window and surprised the Riddler.

"Hold it, Riddler!" said Batman.

The Riddler tried to get away, but the Three Warriors flew in through the ceiling and blocked his path.

Batman made absolutely certain the Riddler couldn't get away by dropping one of his smoke bombs.

The pressure the bomb released made the Riddler fall over and the duo were able to catch him.

"Nice save, Warriors!" said Robin.

"Thanks, Robin" said Charles Wallace.

"The game is up, Riddler! As a duly deputized agent of the law, I place you under arrest for armed robbery" said Batman.

"Snap on the Batcuffs!" said Robin.

"You've got me, Batman!" said the Riddler fakely. 

But then a bunch of photographers came over and took pictures of the scene.

"Huh?" said the Warriors one at a time.

"It's too delicious! I even gave you a tip-off!" the Riddler giggled.

"Batman, you've made a mistake. He didn't steal that cross" said Mr Peale.

"What?!" Robin shouted.

"I tell you, it belongs to him. He lent it to me for a show" said Mr Peale.

"But, Mr Peale, we saw him take it from you at gunpoint" said Batman.

"Gunpoint?" said the Riddler.

He clicked his gun and nothing happened. Only a tiny flame appeared just like a cigarette lighter.

"Holy ashtray! He did tip us off!" said Robin.

"I don't get it, Robin" said Sam.

"Think about it, baby. There were three men in a boat with four cigarettes and no matches. How did they manage to smoke?" said Robin.

Sam thought on it then got the answer.

"They threw one cigarette overboard and made the boat a cigarette lighter!" she said.

"You saw him giving me a light as I handed back his cross" said Mr Peale.

"Out-riddled!" Batman grunted.

"I thought you might be, Batman. That's why I brought witnesses with cameras. What is it that no man wants to have yet no man wants to lose?" said the Riddler.

"A lawsuit!" Robin snapped.

"Correct, Boy Wonder" said the Riddler.

He whistled and a man handed him a blue scroll.

"How I've waited for this. It makes my whole life worthwhile" the Riddler giggled.

He gave the paper to Batman and stood up.

"After you've chewed over this one for a while, look for two more" said the Riddler.

"Two more what?" said Sam.

"I think you know, my pretty. Adios, amigos. See you in court?" the Riddler teased.

Then he ran out of the gallery giggling his head off. 

Batman couldn't believe that he'd just been sued by a hardened criminal. 

What was he to do now?