Chapter 15

Batman and the Warriors went back to Police Headquarters and listened to the recorded phone call.

"Hopeless. Broke off before we could make the trace" said Commissioner Gordon.

"It sucks too" said Sam.

"Indeed, Sam. It's not a good recording. All those devilish rumbling noises" said Chief O'Hara.

"You're wrong, Chief. Those noises are our salvation" said Batman.

"Huh?" said the Warriors one at a time.

"Those noises?" said Commissioner Gordon.

"Subway trains, commissioner. Sam, get me a timing on this tape and a complete set of subway schedules" said Batman.

"Roger" said Sam doing as she was told.

"Very good, dear. Now to the Batmobile. We'll do the rest there" said Batman.

Batman set up a computer in the Batmobile and fed it a red piece of paper. 

"Mother of mercy. What's it doing now?" said Chief O'Hara.

"Checking with the main computer in the Batcave" said Batman.

"Automatic radio link, right?" said Charles Wallace.

"Precisely, Charles Wallace. The answer should be back any second now" said Batman.

The answer came in less than a minute.

"10th street line, Coolidge Square Station" Calvin read.

"Then that's where Robin is" said Sam.

"Commissioner, phone ahead! Have them clear the platforms" said Batman.

"Right" said Commissioner Gordon.

Batman and the Warriors ventured to the subway toolroom, but the door was locked.

So what did they do?

Batman set up a magnesium charge to break through the wall.

Inside, the Riddler was pacing while the real Robin was still strapped to the table.

"Molly should have been back by now with Batman's scalp. I wonder what went awry" said the Riddler.

"You went awry, Riddler! Years ago! Don't you know crime never pays?" said Robin.

As the Riddler fake laughed, the wall in the room exploded and Batman and the Warriors rushed in.

"Holy smoke!" Robin gasped.

"Surrender, you rat!" said Batman to the Riddler.

The Riddler tried to get away, but Batman threw his Batarang and tied him up.

But the Riddler was still able to flip a switch and make a glass door slide shut.

"What is that?" said Sam.

"Holy showcase! A sheet of bulletproof glass!" said Robin.

Batman tried everything, but he couldn't break the glass.

The Riddler drew a question mark on the glass and ran off with the rest of his Molehill Mob.