LIGHT EM' UP

"Oh my gosh! The school is ON FIIYYAH!" I scream. "Man, it sure is a good thing that we left!"

"Yeah, it is," Mikey agrees. "We should go make sure everyone's okay. I'd hate for someone to die in this fire, especially if I could have prevented it."

He drags me by the arm to the scene, which to be honest is more of an arms race at this point. Everyone is scrambling from the flames, trying to flee. Over by the smoke, I see Bob Bryar coughing.

"Bob!" Mikey gasps. "Bob, it's good to see you alive! Are you okay?"

Bob coughs some more as Mikey drags him to safety. "I'm just fine, Mikey, but... Professor Wilson is still in there, and the school is lighting up! I feel like it's gonna explode any moment!"

"Mikey, no!" I say, knowing what he's thinking. The entire bandom grabs Mikey by the arm, nodding in agreement. "Michael James Way, don't you even think about it! My sweet emo son, don't you dare!" the bandom shouts.

"Wilson's still in there," Mikey says as I look into the light behind his eyes. "The building's going to blow any moment, and I get so worried. I can save him! I'll be right back, I promise!"

"But Mikey-" I protest, but it's no use. Mikey dashes into the building, calling for Professor Wilson. I see Mikey's glasses lying next to me, and I pick them up.

"Mikey, wait!" I shout, starting to run into the building, but I'm knocked back by a huge explosion.

MMM WHATCHA SAYYYY,
THAT YOU ONLY MEANT WELL, WELL OF COURSE YOU DID
MMM WHATCHA SAYYYY,
THAT IT WAS ALL FOR THE BEST
MMM WHATCHA SAYYYY,
WHA-WHA WHAT DID SHE SAYYYY?

(i'm so sorry.)

The building. Professor Wilson. Mikey. Mikey. Oh God, why Mikey?

The darkness gets bigger, and the flames burn a little brighter. "Help!" I scream. "My baby brother was in there and the building exploded! Somebody, please!"

The last thing I remember before I black out is holding Mikey's glasses, sobbing.

I'm so sorry. I'll make it up to you, I promise. Please don't hate me. I love you guys.