That Green Gentleman

Patrick stares at me, then tips his fedora and smiles. "I'm Patrick, and I have a soul voice!"

"Patrick?" I say again, shocked to see my late brother's robot. "Patrick, I didn't know you were still active. I thought you were at the Institute."

"Don't pretend you ever forgot about me, Gerard," Patrick says. "You seem distressed. I believe music will make you feel better. Would you like me to play some music?"

I shake my head, but Patrick sits next to me and starts singing... since robots can sing, I guess. The lyrics are strangely familiar, and then it hits me.

"Patrick, are you singing Action Cat?" I gasp.

"Yes, I am," Patrick tells me. "I found a page of lyrics from it that had blown away in the wind. Do you want me to track where it came from?"

I sigh, "I thought the lyrics had burned up in the fire, but go ahead and try to see where they came from, I guess."

Patrick instantly runs downstairs and into the street lane, and boy, he is fast. I hadn't expected the robot to actually obey me.

I need to stop Patrick before he causes a car crash, so I start running out the door. Before I can get out, however, Uncle Dan stops me.

"Gerard? I don't know where you're going, but when are you coming home?" he asks.

"Um..." I say, trying to come up with a lie. "I'm going to the emo school. I listened to your advice, and I decided I would sign up for classes. See you later!"

"That's great, Gerard!" Uncle Dan exclaims. "You're being a functional human being, unlike me. You'll do great."

Lying wasn't the most fun way to get out of the house, but I had to catch up to Patrick. I keep running, and eventually find Patrick at an abandoned hospital called Linda Vista.

"This was where your song cane from," Patrick says. "Shall we go inside?"

"Sure, why not?" I say, and together we enter the hospital. Inside, however, I have to place my hands over my ears. Action Cat is playing so loudly, it almost gives me stomachaches.

"What? How? Why?" I gasp, confused as to what is going on.

Then, a green figure comes flying at me, and I grab Patrick's robotic hand and run.