Chapter 1: Where is she?

(Eddie Pov)

"Eddie- please! Just stay awake a little longer, help is on the way. Just hold on." tears were streaming down Alivia's face. I tried to stay awake the best I could but I was just so tired. She was holding me in her arms but any movement I made sent pain shooting through my entire body. I knew how bad my injuries were and I was prepared to go, but leaving her would be one of the hardest things.

At least I was spending my last few moments with her and Dustin.

"Look after those little sheepies for me, okay?" I smile, looking over at Dustin.

"No, you're going to do that yourself, okay?" Dustin said, holding onto my hand.

"Eddie stop! You are going to be okay, you hear me?" Alivia cried.

"Hey... you're going to be okay without me... I dont- I dont want you feeling guilty for this, alright? I know you. I know you'll somehow blame yourself, so dont." I said. It was hard to talk but i needed her to know that.

"No-" Thats all she could let out before crying harder, hiccuping in between each breath.

"I love you, Livi..."

I woke up, gasping for air. Where the fuck am I? I look around and notice that I am in a hospital bed, hooked up to all these machines. What day was it? What even happened? 

Next thing I know, I see doctors barging into my room, frantic.

"Oh my gosh, he woke up" One of the nurses said, grabbing a clipboard.

"What happened?" I asked. All i remember is passing out yesterday in the upside down. Why are they so shocked i'm awake?

"Sir, do you know what day it is?" One of the doctors asked me.

I looked at them confused. "Its March 28, right?"

"No... Its April 18. Mr. Munson, you've been in a coma for 3 weeks."

What? All I could think of in that moment is Alivia.

"Where is Alivia? Where is she?!" I said trying to get out of the bed but one of the doctors grabbed my arm to keep me from leaving.

3 weeks earlier... 

(Alivia's Pov)

March 27, 1986

We carried his lifeless body up from the upside-down. I didn't realize how heavy it is to carry dead weight. Especially when it's your boyfriend you're carrying. Well I suppose now, ex-boyfriend. 

Once we got back to Hawkins, I laid down with him for a little bit before the paramedics came. They tried to take him away from me, but I didn't let go. I kept hugging him and crying. I couldn't breathe. 

"Ma'am, we have to take him now... I'm sorry." One of the paramedics said.

"No stop! Please... I just-" They didn't even let me finish before one of them pulled me away from him. "What- Wait no stop! Please! What are you doing?! You can't-" I let out another cry. I felt someone grab me and pull me into a hug. It was Steve. He held onto me while i collapsed to the floor sobbing in his arm. 

"Its okay, let it out... I've got you..." Steve said whispering into my ear.

I don't remember much of that night... I didn't even say I love you back to him.

The rest of the night was a blur. I cried majority of it. Steve took me to his house to sleep because the trailer was destroyed. He carried me to his bed and laid with me the entire night until I fell asleep.

April 3, 1986

The next few days were pretty much the same. I stayed with Steve that whole week. I couldn't be alone. Dustin kept trying to call me and would show up to Steve's from time to time to try and talk to me, but i didn't want to see him.  

I never left the room. I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. I was so tired, but every time i tried to sleep, I had the same nightmare, over and over again of him dying in my arms. I just laid in Steve's bed and cried. Time to time, I would try to shower, but everything I did, reminded me of him. The grief was too much. I couldn't live in a world knowing the man I love isn't in it anymore. I didn't have much of a will to live, but I knew Eddie wouldn't want me to quit. As much as I wanted too, I needed to live for him, but I couldn't do it. I needed to forget. Forget him. His death. Everything. 

I told Steve to drop me off at Hopper's. He didn't ask me many questions and we just left.

"Do you want me to go in with you?" Steve asked as he put his car into park.

"No, its okay. I'll be fast. I just need to talk to El really quickly. It'll be no less than 20 minutes if you don't mind waiting." I said unbuckling my seat-belt.

"Okay. I'll wait in the car then." he said. 

I got out of the car and knocked on their door. Hopper answers the door and looks down at me. "Hey kid, what are you doing here?"

"I need to speak to El" I say. He was confused but he let me in and let El know I was here. 

I walked into El's room and she looked at me with a gentle smile.

"Hi... how are you doing?" She asked.

"Well my boyfriend is dead, so i don't think im doing to great."

"I'm sorry... why are you here?" she asked again.

"I need you to make me forget." I blurted out.

"Forget what?" she crooked her eyebrows, looking at me confused.

"Eddie. Erase my memories of him."

"What?"

"Do it. Please..."I felt tears welling up in my eyes. " I can't handle the pain, El. The man i love-" my voice cracked and my lips started to quiver. "He's dead and i can't live knowing that. So please... make me forget."

She looked at me with sorrow and pulled me into a hug. 

"Okay." She said softly. "I just want you to know what exactly you're getting into. All memories of Eddie, any moment you guys were together or hangout, meeting him for the first time, his death, all of that, it's all going to be gone and I don't think i'll be able to restore those memories." El added.

I nodded and let her know this was what I wanted. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Im sorry if this seems rushed! AH i want to get to the good bits asap :,) I hope you guys are enjoying it so far! Im aware the vibes are giving Delena from TVD ahahah. It totally went over my head until some of yall mentioned it, but its far from that. Once more chapters start getting published, itll make more sense. Anyways! Enjoy chapter 2! Chapter 3 will be published in the next few hours, I was just too excited to wait :)

I apologize in advance for all the sadness that is to come...