Chapter 3: Who are you?

~A week later~ (April 10, 1986)

(Steve Pov)

It has been a week since Alivia lost all her memories of Eddie and finding out Eddie is still alive. We asked El if she could restore her memories but she said she couldn't. She got in Alivia's head to try to find them but it was blank. Just how she said Max's mind was. Alivia and I have been spending a lot of time together and it felt just like old times. I want things to go back to how they once were before our breakup, but it wouldn't be fair. I want her back and if she said she wanted to be with me again, I would say yes in a heartbeat. No hesitation. But she just lost Eddie. I know she doesn't remember it but it wouldn't be fair for me to do that.

We started dating the summer of 1984, just before the mindflayer and russians shabang. We would have been dating for almost 2 years, until she met Eddie. She never cheated on me. They were friends for a while, but not up until this year did they start getting closer. I saw how much happier he made her, and I saw how conflicted she was. She loved both of us, so she had trouble making a decision. I made it easier for her by telling her to chose him. I knew how happy he made her and I wanted her to experience more. Sad. Yeah I know.

I wanted her to be happy with me, but I just wanted her to be happy in general whether or not that was with me. It hurt like a bitch to see her leave, but her happiness was all that mattered. After our breakup, we stayed really good friends and i must say, her and Robin are one of my best friends. It was never awkward with her. It still never is. Seeing her absolutely shattered after Eddie's 'death' broke me. It wasn't suppose to be that way.

We tried to find out which hospital Eddie was in, and they told us he was staying at Hawkins General. We went there to go see him and they told us there would be a low chance of him waking up, but they would contact us as soon as he woke. After everything with Vecna, the police blamed Jason for all the murders. We managed to clear Eddie's name so he could officially rest in peace, but knowing he is alive, its good that he can walk around a freeman. Some people in Hawkins still believe he is a murderer, but the police don't so that's all that matters. I've been dreading the day he wakes up because how am I supposed to tell him that Alivia doesn't know him. Eddie and I managed to become pretty good friends during the time he was in hiding. I cared about him a lot, I still do.

I'm supposed to be meeting Alivia today because she said she had something important to talk to me about. It was around 11 am and she said to meet her at the park at 11:30, so i got into my car to go leave. It was about a 15 minute drive to the park, so in the time I was driving, I was thinking about all the possible things she would want to talk to me about. I pulled up into the parking lot and parked my car. I saw Alivia waiting outside sitting on a bench by the parking lot.

"Hey Ali!" I waved. She looked up, her eyes immediately brightening and she had a big smile on her face. I would never get over that look she always had when she was excited to see someone.

"Hey Stevie!" She jumped up and hugged me.

"Well someone is excited today. What's going on?" I asked pulling away to look at her.

"Let's go sit somewhere." She said gesturing towards a bench to sit on.

"Okay. So what's the good news Alivia?"

"How do you know its good news?" Alivia said, hiding the big smile on her face.

"Because you are smiling like an idiot right now and i've been your friend long enough to know that look on your face." I said smiling back at her.

"I think im ready to get back together..." She blurts out.

I was completely taken aback when she said that. I didnt even know what to say but before i even could answer she started talking again.

"We've been broken up for over 5 months now and I just, I think i've worked on myself and spent enough time alone to better myself. Steve, I still love you and I know you still love me too. If you don't want to get back together, thats fine, but I just needed you to know that i still want to be with you..." She started looking down at her hands, twiddling her thumbs.

'I still love you too, but you just lo-" I cut myself off before i finished that sentence. "We all just went through something traumatic. Are you sure this is actually what you want?" I asked.

"I'm sure Steve. I was thinking about this all week. We have been hanging out more than usual and it reminded me of old times, and i think i've bettered myself enough to be in a relationship." 

"Ali... I-" 

Present day- April 18, 1986 (Eddie Pov)

They discharged me from the hospital a few days later to do some aditionals up tests on my injuries and this aparent coma i was in. I'm far from healed, but it's enough to where I didn't need doctors to tend to them. I do have to go to a follow up appointment in a few weeks though. I'm not entirely sure how I am going to pay off all those medical bills, but that was the least of my worries. I needed to find Alivia. I needed to explain to her everything. She probably thinks im dead or something. It would make sense she wasn't in the hospital room when I woke up. I wasn't expecting her to, but it made me wonder where she was.

I didn't know where to start but if i remember correctly, she should be getting off work soon. I mean it's only been 3 weeks so maybe she's still working at Family Video. I grabbed my things and started walking to her work. I didn't know where my car was but i'll just go look for it later.

I look at the time before I left and she gets off work at 5 and it was 4:30 when I left. I arrived at her work and waited outside by her car waiting for her to get off.

A few minutes go by and I see her walking out. She looks happy. She waved good bye to Robin and went to find her car keys in her purse. She looked up and made eye contact with me. I grew a massive smile on my face immediately. Shes beautiful.

"Alivia!" I said and ran up to her to pull her into a hug and I kissed her. "Oh my god! Sweetheart! I missed you-" Next thing i know, she slapped me.

"Get off of me!" She yells.

"What?" I asked rubbing my cheek.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? You think you can just grab me and kiss me? I don't even know you, you sick fuck!" She yelled proceeding to get angier, pushing me away.

She doesn't know who i am? 

-------------------------------------------------------

AHH okay okay Hi! :))) I hope you liked this chapter! Let me explain some things!

The dates between March 27 and April 17, are before Eddie wakes up so initially, "in the past", if you will. This fic takes places after Eddie wakes up so everything that has been in Alivia, Steve and Narrators pov are just  me filling you all in. Time to time i will go back to those dates and go back farther in the past as "flashbacks" of Alivia and Eddie before she lost her memories! If you have more questions, just ask. I post updates on tiktok and on snapchat if you guys would like to follow me there :) 

ALSO we are already at over 300 reads in one day! Ahh thank you guys so much :) I love you all

tiktok; anniemunson_

snapchat: annieshifts555