Chapter 7: Head Over Heels (pt 2)

Wow guys!! 3k reads! Im crying. This is amazing! I am so glad you guys are liking the story so far. Anyways enjoy this chapter. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Alivia's POV

The entirety of the drive, I was freaking out. I was trying to play it cool, but internally, I wanted to scream. God, he looked SO damn good. He was wearing his leather jacket, a black dio shirt, and some black jeans. It was so simple, but he always looked good. In the corner of my eye, I could see his tattoos and gosh, he is just so-

"OH, come on, Henderson! You were doing so well! What the hell happened?" He yelled.

"What are you talking about?" I glanced over, furrowing my brows. I don't understand what he is going on about.

"The song. This playlist. It was so good. You were doing so well." He said, turning down the music.

I finally stopped the thoughts in my head and realized the song that was playing. Shit. He put in the wrong cassette. As cringey as this is, I made a cassette of songs about him and how I felt about him.

It was Head Over Heels by Tears for Fears.

You keep your distance

With a system of touch

And gentle persuasion

I'm lost in admiration

I started laughing, out of embarrassment. I could feel my cheeks turning red. I took one hand off the steering wheel to cover my smile.

"What?? You don't like this song??" I asked, trying to cover up the fact that this wasn't the correct playlist.

"Are you serious right now, Henderson?"

"Yes. Completely. I know you know this song, Munson. Come on! Sing it"

Oh, you're wasting my time

You're just, just, just wasting time

Something happens

And I'm head over heels

I never find out

'Till I'm head over heels

I started turning up the volume, rolled down my windows and started singing the words.

"Something happens and I'm head over heels!! Ah, don't take my heart-"

"Is there something you're trying to tell me, Livi?" Eddie says, trying to conceal his smile. I could tell he was referring to the words of the song, so I played into it.

"Nothing you need to know, Munson. Now sing the damn song with me" I laughed. 

There were so many things I wanted to tell him...

It took a minute before he finally gave in and we started sing the song, terribly, mind you. I was driving down the canyon towards the quarry before he told me to pull over.

"Why?" I asked.

"Just pull over. I didn't want us to drive all the way down the quarry. This spot is better." He says.

I pull over on the side of the road, not to close to the edge and put my car into park. I take the key out of the ignition and step out the car and wow... the view was magnificent. It looked right over the quarry, and we were at a cliff. It was beautiful and it was almost sunset.

"Wow... Eddie this is way better than the quarry." I say looking over to him, catching him staring at me with a wide smile on his face.

"Yeah, I know. You know, I had this whole set up in the back of my van. There was a nice little mattress and everything, but you begged me to drive. INSISTED on the matter, so how could I say no." He adds.

My heart may have skipped a few beats in that moment. He planned everything out and I ruined them.

"Oh... Eddie. I am SO sorry! You should have told me! I would have taken you out on a drive in this car another time. I thought we were going to go to dinner and a movie. I didn't realize you had the back-"

He cut me off and pulled me into him, lips connecting with mine. I swear I forgot to breath for a moment.

"Stop talking. If it meant you would have fun and were happy, it doesn't matter what I had planned." He smiled before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Didn't know you were such a romantic, Munson." I said, laughing before hugging him tightly.

"Way to ruin the moment, Henderson." He replied pulling me away from him. He looked at me for a minute, smiling. I couldn't tell what he was thinking but it was cleary something. His smile made my heart skip 10 beats.

"You're beautiful, you know that Livi?" He finally said.

"So are you, pretty boy." I smile. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter made me blush LMAO. It's very cheesy but here and there throughout the fic, you'll see a lot of how Alivia and Eddie's relationship was like. :)) I hope you enjoyed it!