Chapter two

The sound of chalk smacking against the chalkboard catches the attention of many students. They stare at an elegant tall, silky haired woman writes carefully. The pressure of everyone's gaze isn't unfamiliar, but it is unpleasant. She tries to quicken the pace and finished after a couple more seconds. Putting the chalk down she walks back to her desk and waits for everyone's eyes to look back away.

The loud chatter continues and some people even approach her with news that's become quiet the talk of the school. "Did you hear? A new student is transferring here." Ganyu cheers and Keqing grins. "Yeah, maybe they'll surpass Ningguang in academics." she snorts jokingly. Ningguang smiles at her sarcasm. "We'll have to see if they're really worth the talk they've raffled up from everyone." Ningguang responds bluntly.

Keqing giggles a bit more and Ganyu looks relieved that she could take the joke. "I'm sure whoever they are, they'll be just fine. Let's hope they don't get stirred up with..them." Ganyu glances across the room, looking at the red headed male accompanied with a couple of other people. Ningguang looks in that direction as well, but only for a second. "Even if they do, pay no minds to it. I have no business nor care for those who associate with him." she insinuates calmly.

Keqing shrugs, "Let's hope it's not a boy. We already have to many." Ganyu nods in agreement. The teacher walks in and everyone stops talking. "Class we have a new student, please be polite." the teacher announces and turns her head towards the door.

Another talk figure walks into the classroom, everyone staring like how they did with Ningguang before. Once she reaches to the middle she looks around and prepares herself to talk. "Hello, I'm Beidou!" she babbles excitingly. Everyone is a bit surprised by her enthusiasm, but also excited as well. "Very well then Beidou, go sit in the back next to Xiangling. Xiangling, please raise your hand." the teacher concludes.

At the end of the classroom, a small arm pops up and Beidou immediately follows it's guide. The rest of the class continues like normal, most of the information that Ningguang already knows, so she answers and gains praise. Everything felt the same, but the presence of the new kid made her feel a bit..on edge. She not only recognized the name, face, and personality, she also recognized her voice.

Every moment she had appeared in front of Ningguang's eyes played over and over in her head. She couldn't help feeling horrible after what happened. Did she even remember her? From the umbrella to the things they said about her, she had so many questions. Why did she run away? Why had she not come to see her for so long? Was meeting her again a mistake? Was it intentional? If so, why? Why now? Did she expect her to just move on and forget?

All of her thought went through her head while the teacher continued through the lesson. It wasn't until after that she could realize what she had to do next.

__________________

Keqing, Ganyu, and Ningguang all sit at desks next to each other to each lunch and talk about their life. All three of them liked staying together the most because they all knew each other the longest. Ningguang didn't have a problem with socializing, but she just preferred to be with those who knew more about her and made her feel safer. Ganyu and Keqing felt the exact same way, but slightly different. Their feelings were only different because of each other. They had feelings for one another, but neither could admit or accept it as a whole.

So their relationship with each other consistencies of unspoken love. Ningguang understood this and could tell when to take the hint to leave the two alone to allow them to share a romantic moment. She felt a bit lonely when doing so, but remembered that she is in a different position then they are. She knew that even if she had a lover or a crush, she simply had no time for it.