Edward Scissorhands #1

Imagine you going to prom and Edward Scissorhands surprises you when he attends.

Tonight's the biggest event for your Senior Year in high school. It's your Senior Prom night. Your mother helped pick out your prom dress for you and helped you with your hairstyle. You wore a short, off the shoulder, light baby blue colored dress and your (h/l) (h/c) hair curled up with a fancy hair accessory on the side.

Even though it's supposed to be one of the best highlights of your last year in high school, you were sad that you didn't have a date to go to prom with

Even though it's supposed to be one of the best highlights of your last year in high school, you were sad that you didn't have a date to go to prom with. But you didn't want to go out with any of the guys in your class. There was someone in particular that you wanted to go with the most that you recently developed a crush on and that was Edward Scissorhands, a not-yet completed artificial humanoid that was created by an old inventor that lived in the seemingly abandoned mansion on top of the hill that was next to the neighborhood where you and your Aunt Peg's family live in.

A few months ago, you decided to explore the mansion out of curiosity. But instead, you unexpectedly met Edward when you saved him from a couple of bullies picking on him. You were surprised when you saw his scissor hands, but they didn't stop you from helping Edward and taking him home and showing him kindness. After that, you and Edward have been close friends. You both got to know each other, you would sometimes bring him over to your house with the Inventor's permission, and you would teach him some new things that he doesn't know about. You even kept him distant from Claudia Monroe, your neighbor Joyce's flirty teenage daughter, and your cousin, Kim Boggs, who seemed like she was interested in Edward, even though she already has a boyfriend that you didn't like named Jim.

You've brought so much joy in Edward's life, even the Inventor was very happy that Edward had a special friend at the beginning of his created life, but he still kept a safe distance from you because he was scared about hurting you with his scissor hands. It broke your heart when he didn't want to come near you at times, especially when your feelings towards him were beginning to grow. You only wished there was some way to change that so you could be close to Edward without him accidentally hurting you.

(A/N: I know this song doesn't take place around the Edward Scissorhands time setting, but I can't help picture this song in this story.)

As you were sitting on a bench outside by yourself, a slow song began playing and you could see all the couples slow dancing. You could even see Claudia taking turns dancing with two different guys she brought with her and Kim dancing with Jim. You rested your head, gloomily, on your hand and sighed, sadly, as you watched everyone slow dancing and having a good time. 'If only I could slow dance with someone and have a good time like everyone else.' You thought to yourself.

While you weren't looking, someone who you were familiar with was approaching you. As he got closer, he spoke out, "(y/n)?" When you heard that voice, you turned your head and was surprised to see who it was in front of you. It was Edward, dressed in a fancy tuxedo, with his dark crazy hair slicked back to look presentable. But what surprised you the most was that he had actual human hands instead of his scissor hands. "Would you like to dance with me?" He asked, kindly, as he extended his hand to you. At first, you were a bit shy because you were used to his scissor hands. But you, slowly, put your hand into his and, then, you stood up as he held your hand and walked you over to the lit up gazebo.

Once the two of you were centered in the gazebo, you stood in front of Edward, who looked down at you, with a soft, tenderness in his dark brown eyes. As the music was playing in the background, Edward took your hands and placed them behind his neck before he placed his hands around your waist and held you close to him as he began slow dancing with you. All you did was look into Edward's eyes and relaxed in his arms while you enjoyed this moment with him.

After a couple minutes of silence, Edward spoke, "You look beautiful tonight, (y/n)." You smiled at him and said back, "Thank you, Edward, and you look very handsome tonight as well. I almost didn't recognize you. What happened to your scissor hands?" "I don't need them anymore. I'm finally finished, (y/n)." Edward explained.

"That's awesome, Edward. I'm glad you finally got the hands that you've been waiting a long time for." You said. "I'm glad too, especially when my most important wish had come true." Edward said. You furrowed your eyebrows, in curiosity, when you wondered what his 'important wish' was other than getting his actual human hands. "What wish is that, Edward?" You questioned. "To hold you in my arms." Edward answered. After he said that, you smiled even more and your arms around his neck and exclaimed, "Aw, Edward." Then, out of nowhere, you pressed your lips against Edward's. You sort of pulled away from the kiss after you realized what you had done until Edward had the courage to lean forward and pressed his lips against yours, with you kissing him back.