Rango #1

Imagine Rango helping you get ready for your date.

Two months ago, you were driving on a highway through the Mojave Desert of Nevada when you saw something that caught your eye. A broken terrarium and a stranded chameleon laying on a piece of glass. You pulled over and went to go check on the chameleon. Thankfully, he was alright.

Afterwards, you discovered something else about the chameleon. He could talk. At first, you thought it was the desert heat getting to you. But, then, you realized that he actually was talking. His name was 'Rango' and was accidentally thrown out of his owner's car not too long ago, but they never came back for him. Since the heat was getting worse and you noticed that his skin was getting dry, you decided to take him home with you.

Having a talking chameleon like Rango around was wonderful and it didn't feel so lonely in your apartment anymore. Rango had a lot of personality; he was comical, he likes to wear a red Hawaiian shirt, and he was very talented in acting. You got him a bigger size terrarium with some toys for him, like a toy fish and a used Barbie doll, and he would use them to put on some 'performances' that he would make up on his own. Not only Rango was your new pet, but he was also a friend to you.

***

"Hmmm. Hmmmaoh. Muh. Mmmuh! Mmmmuh! Hmmmuh! Crunchy-creamy-cookie-candy-cupcake. Okay, everyone! Let's take it from the top. The stage is set. The night is young with a hint of mystery. The young maiden awaits on her balcony for her beloved knight in shining armor to arrive." Rango says, pointing to the Barbie doll before he spoke in a high pitched voice to be in character for the young maiden. "'Oh, my beloved Julien.' Her face saddens, she stares at the full moon, with an aching heart as she worries for her Julien's life." He says, before he turns to the Pez candy toy with a Santa Claus head on it. "Meanwhile, her stricken father had forbidden her to see her beloved Julien. 'Aye, my only daughter shall never marry a man who isn't rich.' He says, unaware that his trusted advisor, the evil Claude, intends to marry the young maiden." Rango says, pointing to his orange toy fish as the evil Claude.

But before he could continue on, you walked into your bedroom, with a smile on your face. "But for now, the plot is now under intermission since my young friend, (y/n), has entered her chambers." Rango said. "Oh, my gosh, Rango. You're not gonna believe what happened." You said, with a hint of excitement in your voice. Rango was deep in thought of trying to guess what it was. "Hm. You won a contest?" He guessed. "No." You said. "Hm. I give up. I can't think of anything else. What is it?" Rango asked. "I've been asked out on a date!" You told him.

"Aw. How romantic, (y/n). You're growing up so quickly and I've only known you for two months. Who is the lucky chap that asked you out?" "His name is Adam. We're in the same English class at my college and he asked me out. It makes it better because I've had a crush on him since the first day of class and I was too nervous to talk to him until he started talking to me earlier today. Oh, my gosh, Rango, I've never been on a date before and—and now I feel nervous." You said, with the tone of your voice changing from happy to sounding nervous.

"Not to worry, (y/n). From what I have learned from my experience of theatrically, I shall help you get ready for your date." Rango said, while he climbed up his terrarium and stood at the edge of the corner of it. "Aw, Rango. You would really help me get ready for my date?" You questioned. "Of course. After all, it's my way of saying 'thank you' for taking me in and taking care of me. I shall have you ready in time before—what time is Adam picking you up?" "At six." You answered. "Perfect. That gives us two hours to prepare for your date. All we have to do as I always do is improvise. Now let's get started. First thing is the setting." Rango said.

***

"Now, then, where is Adam taking you out for your date?" Rango asked. You were about to answer, but, then, he interrupted. "Ooh. Is it a walk down by the beach, hand-in-hand, while the two of you watch the sunset? Is it a visit to an art museum where you both will observe the finest art pieces in silence, hand-in-hand? Or maybe a date at the cafe where you both will enjoy the taste of coffee, hand-in-hand?" He guessed, while he smirked and bounced his eyebrows up and down.