JD Characters #1

Imagine you're running a marathon and the JD Characters are supporting you.

For almost a year, you've been training yourself to participate in the New York City Marathon after you were one of the lucky chosen runners to run in it. You were excited that you were going to run in the marathon since it wasn't easy to sign up for it as it's the number one marathon in the world that you couldn't easily sign up for and it's your first marathon. At the same time, it was nerve wracking because you've never ran in a race that was 26.2 miles and you did your research on the pros and cons of running in a marathon. But you wanted to challenge yourself and not let any of those cons get in the way.

Once it was the end of October, you were all packed and ready to travel to New York City and run in the marathon. You were traveling on an airplane with some of your friends, the JD Characters; Willy Wonka, John Dillinger, Edward Scissorhands, and Jack Sparrow. They wanted to tag along because they've never been to New York City and they wanted to support you.

You've known the JD Characters since the day you met them at your job at the local cafe three years ago. They were hanging out along with some of the other JD Characters that were visiting together while you served them their coffee drinks. The more times you've been serving them their usual drinks and talking to them when they visited a lot in the morning, you eventually became very close friends with them and you would hang out with them even after work. Being friends with the JD Characters was fantastic and they loved being around you since they didn't hang out with anyone else. They always had your back, especially when dealing with cranky customers, and they would always be there to support you.

***

After you, John, Willy, Edward, and Jack arrived and checked in at your reserved hotel, you all headed towards the Javits Convention Center to pick up your bib number and some swag you get. You and the JD Characters walked around the streets of New York City, admiring the view of the city that's widely known for, like the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, and Times Square. "Such a big city and so many people." Edward spoke. "I've seen similar buildings like these in Chicago." John said. "And so many colors in Times Square. Reminds me of my Chocolate Factory." Willy mentioned.

"Of course the buildings are huge and there's a lot of people and it's also colorful in Times Square! It's New York City, you guys! We're literally in the Big Apple, gentlemen!" You exclaimed, excitedly. "Big Apple, huh? I didn't realize that we were in a fruit." Jack said, sounding confused and drunk at the same time, with two fingers under his chin. You and the other gentlemen groaned afterwards. "Come on. We should find the Javits building. The others are meeting us there." You mentioned, as you pulled up the address on your cell phone and you, along with the JD Characters, started following the directions.

A few minutes later, after walking through the streets, you and the JD Characters finally made it to the Javits Convention Center. You even noticed the other five JD Characters that live in New York: Mort Rainey, Spencer Armacost, W. Eugene 'Gene' Smith, Ichabod Crane, and Donnie Brasco, standing near the entrance, waiting. All five of them smiled when they saw you and the others.

"Hey, guys!" You said, as you ran up to them and formed a group hug. They all chuckled as they hugged you back, while the other four gentlemen smiled in admiration. Then, you all pulled away and Mort was the first to say, "Hey, superstar." You giggled after he said that. "I'm so happy to see you all." You said. "Well, we want to support our girl and show you all around New York during your stay here." Spencer said, which made you smile. "Well, so far, I've learned that we're in the center of a so-called 'Big Apple', Spence. This trip has definitely been strange so far." Jack spoke. "Jack, has the rum reached the center of your brain?" Donnie asked. Jack shifted his eyes, but he didn't answer. "It always does, Don." John responded.