Chapter Five - Batman - But Real

Me and my cliffhangers! ;)

 "Come out, come out, wherever you are!" She called softly. I shivered as her creepy voice caused shivers to run down my spine. It was as dark as ever for me, but I could imagine how oppressive the inky darkness must be for Parker, who's used to sight. 

I heard the crashing of pots and pans as she tore apart the kitchen, searching for us. Parker edged closer to me. I could sense his terror and dread as she came closer and closer to our hiding place. Then, as I sensed her right outside our cabinet... He kissed me. 

Too startled to say anything, I let him. It was pretty short, because a second later there was a rush of air as the door was yanked open and he pulled away. 

Then someone yelled, "Freeze!" I waited, still terrified.

 "What's going on?" I whispered. Then a new voice reached my ears.

 "It's nice to meet you," a girl said. I could sense Parker's confusion.

 "You... Too? " he tried, a weak attempt at conversation, "W- why do you have a gun?" I stiffened and my senses went into overdrive. I could smell the faint sent of gunpowder and sense the rising and falling of Parker's chest behind me. 

I knew the girl was crouching in front of me, gun clutched in her hands. I suddenly sprang forward and landed on her chest. 

Surprised, the girl didn't fight back as I rested the gun from her grip and kicked off her chest, flipping and landing on my feet a foot away. I aimed the gun at her.

 "Who are you?" I asked.

 "How did you do that?" The girl and Parker asked in. unison.

 "Someone you don't want to mess with," she replied cooly. I cocked the gun.

"Now let's try this again: Who are you?" I pressed.

 "Moon Dragon," the girl said after a pause.

 "Who?" Parker asked.

 "I'm like Batman, but real," she explained, "And I'm sorry I scared you... What's your name?" Batman? So she was one of the good guys?

 "I'm Parker and this is -" Parker started.

 "What are you doing? We don't know who she is!" I cut him off.

 "We can trust... Her... Where did she go?" I felt around, and Parker was right. Moon Dragon was gone.

 Thanks for reading! Moon Dragon is a character that I created a while ago, another will be a special - a story that will give you a sort of introduction to who she is. See you in the margins!