Chapter Six - Who is Parker?

(Sorry for not updating in a while! Thanks for the support!😊)

We sat there, silent. I sensed the unconscious (hopefully) body of the kidnapper a few feet away, and Parker half-in-half-out of the cabinet. But otherwise, it was silent. Until it wasn't. Police sirens, faint, but getting closer.

 "Crudmuffins," Parker said. It was an odd expression, but one I kinda liked. "We have to get out of here!" I was startled by his sudden declaration.

 "Why?" I asked.

 "Trust me, when the dust settles, neither of us should be here or we'll be sorry," Parker informed me. I raised an eyebrow.

 "What? Are you some kind of criminal-vigilante and now I'm in danger since I'm friends with you?" It was a joke, obviously, but Parker clearly didn't get it.

 "You were in danger the moment that tree hit our car," Parker replied gravely.

"...What do you mean?" I asked cautiously.

"No time to explain," he responded tersely, then, without warning, grabbed me by the arm and slung me onto his back with surprising ease. I yelped in surprise as I felt him rise to his feet, linking my arms around his neck and wrapping my legs around his waist, piggyback style. He took off at a fast sprint, despite the my extra weight, which should've slowed him down.

"How-" I started, but then screamed as we were somehow launched into the air. I heard the crunch of gravel and a breeze ruffled my hair. Were we on the roof? Then Parker started running again. At the rate we were going, could we stop in time? "Parker, what are you doing?!?" I screamed.

"My name isn't Parker," he informed me.

"What do you mean? What is this about?" I demanded, still clinging to him tightly. Then he jumped. Off the roof. I screamed loudly. What was he THINKING?!?!? We were going to DIE!!! But instead of falling... we flew. Or at least that's what it felt like. Based on the arc that we were on, it appeared we were actually swinging. But on what? A grappling rope? Bungee cord?

"I'm Spider-Man!" he exclaimed. With the wind screaming past us, I wasn't sure that I'd heard him correctly.

"Excuse me, WHAT?" I yelled back over the wind.

"I. AM. SPIDER-MAN!" he repeated, enunciating each word clearly. I was shocked. Hang on, if he was Spider-Man, did that mean we were swinging on webs? How could they support us? Would they continue to support us?

And he was Spider-Man. He fought bad guys. He saved so many people. He had powers, for Pete's sake! Wait... I flashed back to something he had said right before he'd jumped. "If your name isn't Parker, what's your name?" I asked.

"Peter," he replied. I could sense the relief as he revealed his true name. It must've been stressful for him to be lying to me about that. Why did he lie to me about that?

I knew his name, knew his secret, but did I know him really? What did I really know about him? Had everything he had told me been a lie?

Who is Parker?

(Oooh!!! Very dramatic! A bit short, but I was T I R E D. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed! What do you think about the reveal?)